Next to all its scholars GESIS also employs a great amount of employees with various different functions and qualifications:
- Designated skills and a higher education degree are expected from our staff working in communication, quality management and in the leader positions of administration and IT.
- The administration is divided into the teams “Staff”, “Finances” and “Third-Party Funds”. For a function in one of the three teams a commercial apprenticeship is usually required.
- Our employees in IT hold a qualification in information technology for the most part.
- For special tasks in the scientific departments GESIS deploys qualified IT specialists.
- To support its leadings scholars and the challenges concerning the knowledge transfer GESIS needs foreign language secretaries.
- For the editing of socio-scientific data GESIS deploys scientific administrators with pertinent knowledge.
- We are also supported by students who are gaining their first practical experience in an academic working environment as student assistants.
GESIS publishes open vacancies for additional staff in the job portal www.stepstone.de. In addition the free positions in Mannheim are announced in www.jobmorgen.de and the free positions in Cologne can be found at www.kalaydo.de. All our job offers can also be seen here and at the website of the Leibniz Community.