GESIS – Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences is an institute of the Leibniz Association, internationally active in research in social sciences and financed by the German federal and regional governments. The department Monitoring Society and Social Change supports social research by providing various resources suitable to describe and analyze social change. Additionally the department supports universities and research institutions in their effort to realize gender equality by providing information and consultation on this topic, as well as the evaluation of measures employed in this area.
Our Center of Excellence Women and Science CEWS offices in Cologne are seeking candidates to fill as soon as possible the position of a
4 –Year part-time PhD-candidate
(Salary group TV-L EG 13, 75 %)
Your tasks will include social science research and services in the field of "gender relations and equality policy in science":
- theory-based research on gender-specific aspects of qualification processes in academia, professional and careers trajectories in science; preferably on the basis of quantitative data such as, for example, longitudinal or panel data; preparation of a dissertation in this field is expected and will be supported;
- establishment of a research data management at CEWS;
- networking and launch of cooperations, especially in the field of higher education research and science studies;
- Policy advice on the subject area.
Your profile and qualifications:
- very good master degree in a social science subject;
- proven knowledge in educational, occupational and career research or higher education and science studies as well as in gender studies;
- broad knowledge in methods for quantitative data analysis and multivariate statistics, preferable in longitudinal and panel data analysis. Optionally, you have knowledge in elaborate methods of qualitative data gathering, processing and analysis. Knowledge in mixed-methods designs is particulary welcome;
- good oral and written English skills.
We support you in further developing your qualifications. Information about HR development and career at GESIS can be found here.
GESIS is a research and service organization that provides a research-driven infrastructure for the social sciences and closely collaborates with departments at top universities in Europe and across the globe. Cologne is a culturally diverse and vibrant city (the 4th largest city in Germany with about 1 Mio. people) in the heart of Europe attracting creative people from all over the world.
GESIS guarantees that guidelines regarding employment law for the disabled and handicapped as well as laws and regulations governing part-time employment will be observed. We promote equal opportunities for women and men. GESIS is certified by the "audit berufundfamilie".
For further information please contact Jutta Dalhoff, phone +49 (0)221- 476 94 25-250 or by e-mail: mailto:jutta.dalhoff(at)gesis(dot)org
Please send your application including CV, degree certificates and references until 21.08.2017.
We only process online applications. Please apply here.
Interviews will take place in Cologne in the first and second week of September 2017.
The key number is: DBG-27
PDF-File (167 KB)