1. Registration and payment
- With the submission of the registration form, the applicant agrees to pay the participation fee indicated on the course or event website fully and in due time upon receipt of the confirmation and the invoice, if a place in the course or event is available.
- Students (including enrolled PhD students) pay a reduced fee if they provide a proof of status (scan of valid student card or equivalent) to the organizers.
- Submission of registration will be automatically confirmed. After checking the submission GESIS will confirm your registration and make the invoice available electronically or, on request, send it by standard mail.
- The participation fee is due 14 days after receipt of the invoice.
- The registration only becomes binding for GESIS with receipt of the participation fee. If GESIS does not receive the participation fee on time, GESIS may assign the place to another applicant.
- With full and timely payment of the participation fee, the applicant acquires the right to participate in the chosen GESIS course or event.
2. Cancellation Policy
2.1 Refunds in case of cancellation by participant
- Cancellation of registration must be made in writing (email or mail) and sent to the organizers.
- Cancellation will be accepted up to 4 weeks before the course or event, and the total amount will be refunded. We regret that no refund can be made for any cancellation received after that date or if the applicant has already accessed learning materials on the ILIAS platform (applicable for training courses). If you are entitled to a refund please note that refunds will be made after the course or event has been completed.
- If the participant has not yet paid the participation fee when cancelling, this does not affect the above agreement to pay for the course or event. In this case, the amount, as subject to the date of cancellation, is due for payment.
2.2 Refunds in case of cancellation by GESIS
- GESIS reserves the right to cancel a course or event up to 4 weeks before the course or event date, e.g. because there are too few participants. In this case, participants will be offered a place in another course (if applicable and available) or receive a full refund. Beyond this, claims for damages because of the cancellation of a course or event are excluded.
- If a course or event, due to force majeure, is significantly made difficult, put at risk or otherwise negatively affected, it can be cancelled. If it is cancelled by GESIS, participants receive a full refund of the participation fee. Beyond this, no further claims can be made.
- GESIS reserves the right to modify details of the course or event if the circumstances require such a change.
3. Liability / Participants' responsibilities
- Participants are required to follow the instructions of the organizers when using GESIS facilities or facilities rented by GESIS for the course or event, including non-smoking and other house rules.
- Participants are responsible and liable for damage occurring as a consequence of their neglecting these rules.
- GESIS is not liable for personal injury and property damage, except in cases of intent and gross negligence on the part of GESIS. GESIS is not liable for accidents, theft or damages of any kind. Each participant is responsible for their personal property.
4. Participant data
- GESIS electronically records and uses the data of participants for the organization of the course or event. This includes communication with the course instructors and, if applicable, cooperating universities or institutions.
- During courses or events photos or video recordings might be taken. These might be used to cover the course or event on our website or in other publicly available media. Please let us know if you do not wish to be photographed or recorded.
- Course or event material and literature of any kind provided by GESIS is protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or distributed in any form - not even in extracts - without the explicit permission of their respective owner.
6. GESIS Training courses only:
6.1 What is covered by the participation fee?
- Apart from the training course itself, course materials (if applicable) as well as snacks and drinks for breaks are included in the participation fee.
- Meals, travel and accommodation for participants are not included in the participation fee.
- At the end of the course, every participant who has not missed more than 20% of the course receives a certificate of participation.
7. CSS events only:
- Please see the website for the individual event for additional information (such as availability of onsite registration, visa support, etc.)