The Center for the History of Women Philosophers and Scientists of the Paderborn University, Germany announces the call for nominations for the Elisabeth of Bohemia Prize 2023. Nominations will be considered for the award of the prize to a Latin American scholar who has made exceptional contributions toward the promulgation of knowledge about Latin American women philosophers.
Nominations must be no longer than one page:
- Provide brief biographical information about the nominee, including
- highest earned academic degree and the institution granting it
- current academic or other professional appointment
- contact information including email address.
- Provide brief bibliography of recent and most significant publications, coursework, professional and public service related to the history of women philosophers.
Submit nominations via email to Ruth Hagengruber ruth.hagengruber(at)upb(dot)de not later than 1 June 2023.
The prize will be awarded in Buenos Aires during a special event at the XIXth Symposium of the International Association of Women Philosophers (IAPh).
The recipient of the award will be notified in advance but need not be present to receive the award.
Funding of the Elisabeth of Bohemia Prize is generously provided by Dr. Ulrike Detmers.
Prior awardees include Lisa Shapiro (2018), Mary Ellen Waithe (2019), The Founding Mothers of the IAPH & The Research Group headed by Mitieli Seixas da Silva, (2020/2021) and Sarah Hutton (2022).
For more, see: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elisabeth_of_Bohemia_Prize or visit:https://historyofwomenphilosophers.org/elisabeth-of-bohemia-prize/
For further questions contact: ruth.hagengruber(at)upb(dot)de