The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards identify and support women in science throughout the world. Each year, five Laureates are recognized for their contributions to the advancement of science, in Life Sciences or Physical Science, Mathematics and Computer Science in alternating years.
Nominations for the 2020 Awards can only be submitted electronically through the online platform and have to be in English: www.forwomeninscience.com.
If new to the system, the nominator will need to create a user ID and password.
An application is considered complete only if it includes all of the following documents:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- A brief explanation of why the nominator considers the candidate to be eligible for the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Award (200-400 words) and specify her contribution in her country/region
- A list of publications and patents, starting with the most recent
- The full text of the ten most significant publications in order of importance with: a brief resume explaining their significance (less than 200 words), number of citations for each paper excluding auto-citations and the impact factor of each journal
- Three to five letters of recommendation from eminent scientists outside the candidate’s home institution.
Nominations that are incomplete or received after June 12th 2019, as well as candidatures that do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be taken into consideration.
See here for more information:
Rules and Regulations (260 KB)
Call for Nominations letter (84 KB)