Call: " We welcome contributions that explore if and how insights from feminist and intersectional perspectives have impacted on policymaking and how they interact with other theoretical frameworks addressing IPV. We particularly focus on research and policymaking in and about Belgium and the Netherlands, but submissions may also discuss developments at international or European level that impact on the regional level. Articles may be written in Dutch or English.
We are particularly interested in contributions that:
- analyse current policies and practices on intimate partner violence from a gender and intersectional perspective;
- discuss and compare different perspectives and frameworks to understand IPV, like gender-neutrality, individualisation, culturalisation, family violence perspective, …;
- critically reflect upon the implementation of the Istanbul Convention in Belgium and the Netherlands;
- examine the role of media (written or visual media, public campaigns…) in the representation of IPV and in shaping societal attitudes and understandings;
- discuss new forms of IPV, notably online and on social media (e.g. ‘revenge-porn’, image-based abuse…);
- inquire into the experiences of victims and perpetrators with IPV, with particular attention for groups who often remain marginal in dominant research and policymaking (e.g. LGTQI-communities, undocumented immigrants…);
- provide historical analyses of changes and evolutions in research, legislation, policy-making , and/or in societal attitudes towards IPV;
- engage with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and/or other health or humanitarian crises on experiences with IPV.
- Abstracts of approximately 450 words should be sent to eva.vergaert(at)vub(dot)be by 30 September 2020 at latest.
- Deadline first drafts (max. 6000 words incl. references and bibliography): 8 January 2021
- Deadline final version: 26 March 2021
- Publication date: 21 June 2021
More information about the Tijdschrift voor Genderstudies, as well as author instructions can be found on https://www.aup.nl/nl/journal/tijdschrift-voor-genderstudies."