Centre of Excellence on Inclusive Gender Equality in Research & Innovation: Creating Knowledge & Engaging in Collaborative Action
Project duration: 01.10.2022 - 30.09.2026
Project lead: Dr. Andrea Löther, Dr. Lena Weber, Dr. Anke Lipinsky
Project team: Mazlum Karataş Ph.D.
Funded by: Horizon Europe; funding number 10105853
The European project INSPIRE aims to develop a sustainable center that develops innovative, inclusive and research-based gender equality policies and tools for the academic world. It will bring together high-level researchers, gender equality experts and practioners to pool their ideas and resources to design new ways of gender equality policy.
The subproject of INSPIRE, located at CEWS, aims to conduct methodological research in the field of monitoring gender equality plans. It will be examined whether a web survey, as a reactive method of data collection, is better suited for the monitoring of gender equality plans, or the non-reactive method of web scraping. In addition, a concept for monitoring gender equality plans will be developed.
The main EU project page for all activities can be found at: www.inspirequality.eu/knowledge
Conference in Budapest: On October 5, 2023, the INSPIRE conference titled "Inclusive Gender Equality in Research & Innovation: Creating Knowledge for Systemic and Sustainable Structural Change" will take place. It addresses those experts, practitioners and researchers responsible for developing gender equality plans, particularly for those grappling with the shift to more inclusive, intersectional GEPs.
Project meeting Ljubljana: On June 20-21, 2023, the project consortium met in Ljubljana to discuss initial project findings and plan next steps.
Focus group information: We will conduct four focus groups in May and June 2023 to develop the indicators for the web survey and web scraping. In each focus group, about 10 experts from different European regions will discuss the indicators we propose.
The next steps at the end of March 2023 were:
- Scoping review of literature on the evaluation of gender equality plans (GEPs) at higher education institutions.
- Focus groups on indicator testing for the creation of a web survey for supraorganizational review of GEPs
- Launch of the web survey and analysis of web crawl results on GEPs at higher education institutions. The goal is to compare the data quality of both methods in the supraorganizational review of GEPs.
- Fundació per la Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (FUOC), Barcelona
- Joanneum Research, Graz
- Syddansk Universitet, Odense
- Uniwersytet Jagiellonski, Krakow
- Notus, Barcelona
- Facultad Latinoamericana de Ciencias Sociales (FLACSO), De Plaza del Sol
- Europa Media, Budapest
- Portia gGmbH, Regensburg
- Radboud Universiteit, Nijmegen
- Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI), Karlsruhe
- Universiteit Hasselt, Hasselt
- ZRC SAZU, Ljubljana
- INNOsystems, Athens