First step is to create an account at "GESIS Training Courses" and confirm your profile. Then log in with email, user name and password. Go to "book now" and select the day(s) of your choice. The submission of registration will be automatically confirmed. After checking the submission GESIS will reconfirm your registration and make the invoice available electronically or, and on request, sent it by standard mail. The registration fee is due 14 days after receipt of the invoice.
single day registration
full symposium registration
Academic / non-profit
The registration fee includes admission to the Winter Symposium on the day(s) chosen as well as snacks and drinks during the breaks.
- Student: Students with proof of status (certificate of university enrollment, confirmation of PhD student status by the faculty/department). PhD’s without proof of status are considered academics
- Academic: Employees at universities and non-profit (research) institutes/organizations
- Commercial: Employees at private businesses or self-employed
Cancellation policy: Cancellation must be in writing and sent to the organizers. Cancellation will be accepted up to 4 weeks before the event (i.e. Nov 2, 2016). We regret that no refund can be made for any cancellation received after that date.
- Proof of student status: If you qualify for student rates, please submit your proof of student status by email attachment to css.wintersymposium(at)gesis(dot)org
- Visa information: Unfortunately we cannot take responsibility for support on visa related issues
- Accommodation: We strongly recommend that you arrange accommodation as soon as possible after you have registered. The demand for accommodation can be high in Cologne. You will find a list with hotel recommendations, information about Cologne as well as on how to get to the Symposium venue here
- Onsite registration: Pre-registration is strongly encouraged via the online form due to limited facilities onsite