Data preparation and documentation …
- are key prerequisites for the successful implementation of data-based research projects;
- support the generation of high quality research data;
- ensure the long-term comprehensibility of the research data;
- enable the reuse of the research data by third parties.
- Introduction to the preparation and documentation of social science research data
- Structure of quantitative datasets
- Levels and contents of data documentation in the context of social science documentation and metadata standards
- Measures for the quality control of research data
- Anonymization of quantitative research data
General information on training courses:
The specific content of the training courses will be individually coordinated with you. We offer both general introductions and specific training courses on individual aspects.
The duration of a course varies, as necessary, between two and three hours and several days.
Target groups of the training courses are (junior) researchers in the social sciences and employees at social science archives and research data centers. Group size should be between 10 and 20 participants.