And in the following list, which are the three most important values for you personally?
And which three of them best represent ... (1) (OUR COUNTRY); (2) the European Union; (3) the United States of America; (4) the Arab world ... most.
- The rule of Law
- Respect for human life
- Human rights
- Individual freedom
- Solidarity, support for others
- Respect for other cultures
Eurobarometer 67.1 (3)
- Respect for nature and the environment
- Social equality and solidarity
- Cultural diversity
- Progress and innovation
- Freedom of opinion
- Tolerance and openness to others
- Respect for history and its lessons
EP Eurobarometer 68.1, 70.1, 71.1, 73.1, 74.3, 76.3, 78.2, 79.5, 82.4, 83.3, 84.3, 86.2, 87.3, 88.1, 88.3, 89.1, 90.1, 90.3, 91.5, 92.2, 92.3
In your opinion, which of the following should the European Parliament defend as a matter of priority?
- Equality between men and women
- The protection of minorities
- The dialogue between cultures and religions
- Solidarity between EU member states
- Solidarity between EU and the poor countries in the world
- The protection of human rights
- Freedom of speech
- The abolition of the death penalty throughout the world
|ZA Study Number||Eurobarometer||Fieldwork Month||Fieldwork Year||Question Number||Variable Name (1)|
(1) Please note that the variable names refer to the final ICPSR/ZA codebook editions, if available.
(2) Follow-up question only for the "European Union" and asked at first (i.e. before asking for personally important values)
(3) Different question wording: "Among the following values, what are the three in your opinion, that we should preserve and reinforce the most in our current society?" with follow-up question: "For each of these values, please tell me if they are best embodied by Europe, by other countries (or groups of countries) in the world or by both?"
(4) Only asked for the "European Union": "In the following list, which values best represent the EU?"