Eurobarometer 44.2bis (MEGA-SURVEY) Jan-Mar 1996 ZA No. 2828
Policies and Practices in Building Europe and the European Union
- The future of the European Union (attitudes, knowledge, preferences, fears and expectations)
Documents and Data:
- Study Description (including version information, errata reporting, variable information, access to questionnaires and data download)
- Archive variable report
- Basic English Questionnaire
- Basic French Questionnaire
- The basic sample size of the 44.2bis MEGA-survey is about 3000 respondents in Belgium, Denmark, East Germany, Greece, Ireland, the Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Finland, and Sweden, about 6000 respondents in West Germany, Spain, France, Italy and Great Britain, 600 and 1000 respondents in Northern Ireland and Luxembourg respectively. In addition an oversample of people working in the sector of agriculture, fishery or forestry was carried out (a minimum number of such interviews per region was imposed).
- Current archive dataset version / update: v1.0.1 (2012)
- Errata: The documentation for D.3 in the original INRA edition of the SPSS dataset (variable label) and the corresponding original INRA codebook (question text) is not correct. It should be "To which party do you feel closest?". ZA deliveries of the original edition after October 13, 1998 are corrected accordingly. Documentation in the standard codebook edition is correct.
European Commission: EUROBAROMETER 45. Public Opinion in the European Community. Brussels, Spring 1996 (some results of the MEGA SURVEY are reported in the framework of Eurobarometer 45).