Eurobarometer 29 March-April 1988 ZA No. 1714
Environmental Problems and Cancer
- Concern about environmental pollution and attitudes towards environment protection
- Concern about nuclear accidents and radioactivity
- Smoking and dietary habits and prevention of cancer
- Attitudes towards the European Unification and the Single Market
Documents and Data:
- Study Description (including errata, version tracking, access to data and documents)
- Archive variable report
- Basic Bilingual Questionnaire
- Search in Eurobarometer Codebooks / Questionnaires
- ZACAT online access - dataset v1.0.0 (study and variable retrieval, data browsing, descriptive analysis, data download)
- Current archive dataset version / update: v1.0.1 (2012)
Commission des Communautes Européennes: Les Europeens et l'Environnement en 1988. Bruxelles, Octobre 1988.
|France||993||30 Mar 88 - 29 Apr 88||FR_A / FR_B|
|Belgium||1022||01 Apr 88 - 13 Apr 88|
|Netherlands||1023||03 Mar 88 - 16 Apr 88||NL|
|Germany (West)||1007||22 Mar 88 - 18 Apr 88||DE|
|Italy||1021||01 Apr 88 - 21 Apr 88||IT|
|Luxembourg||300||18 Mar 88 - 22 Apr 88||LU|
|Denmark||1009||10 Apr 88 - 25 Apr 88||DK|
|Ireland||992||28 Mar 88 - 19 Apr 88||IE|
|Great Britain||1014||23 Mar 88 - 04 Apr 88||GB_A / GB_B|
|Northern Ireland||331||11 Apr 88 - 20 Apr 88||GB_NI|
|Greece||1000||20 Mar 88 - 20 Apr 88||GR|
|Spain||1017||05 Apr 88 - 19 Apr 88||ES|
|Portugal||1000||23 Mar 88 - 22 Apr 88||PT|
|Questionnaire Copyright and Acknowledgements|
- Variable REGION for Great Britain / United Kingdom in EUROBAROMETER 5-10 and 16-31A: Should read "EAST MIDLANDS" instead of "NORTH MIDLANDS".
- Danish respondents who declared for political party "Venstre" (VOTE INTENTION) had been coded as falling into the missing value category during the raw data processing. The original coding has been made available by Danish Gallup via Danish Data Archives, and ZA recoded accordingly. Since April 1994, the ZA version of the ICPSR data set also contains the complete vote intention data for Denmark. The codebook documentation has been corrected for ZA deliveries after March 15, 1999.
In Question Q.142 (V71 to V73), the VALUE PRIORITY coding for Germany and Greece differs as follows (categories 10 to 12): 10. More human society; 11. Ideas count more; 12. Fight against crime. The codebook documentation is not correct. Corrected for ZA deliveries after March 15, 1999.
In addition, inconsistencies between the VALUE PRIORITY questions Q.136 / Q.138 (V65 / V67) and Q.142 (V71) have been reported for Denmark. The corresponding variables should be used with caution.
© GESIS Meinhard Moschner