Eurobarometer 34.2 December 1990 ZA No. 1962
- The young Europeans: education, employment, life and interests, social problems, organisational membership and activities, knowledge of foreign languages
Documents and Data:
- Study Description (including version information, errata reporting, variable information, access to questionnaires and data download)
- Archive variable report
- Basic English Questionnaire
- Basic French Questionnaire
- Special youth sample (respondents aged 15-24)
- Current archive dataset version / update: v1.0.1 (2012)
- RELIGIOUS DENOMINATION is documented as "Orthodox" for code '3' in the original Eurobarometer codebooks and basic questionnaires starting with survey number 32. This is not correct in the case of the NETHERLANDS. Dutch respondents have been asked for the Protestant section "Gereformeerd" in the place of "Orthodox". Corrected in the ZA codebooks for deliveries after March 16, 1999.
- SIZE OF COMMUNITY has not been documented correctly in the case of GREECE. The correct categories (value labels) for Greece are: 01. up to 2.000 inhabitants; 02. 2.001 - 10.000 inhabitants; 03. 10.001 - 50.000 inhabitants; 04. 50.001 - 1.000.000 inhabitants; 05. 1.000.001 and more inhabitants. Current ZA deliveries contain the correct documentation.
- Starting with Eurobarometer 34 and up to survey 61, NUTS 1 level data (REGION II) for the NETHERLANDS are not (re-)coded
in accordance with the official EUROSTAT nomenclature of territorial unit statistics. The NUTS 2 level province ZEELAND should be
coded as belonging to NUTS 1 region (landsdel) WEST instead of SOUTH Netherlands. (ZA editions will be corrected from EB 53 onwards, November 11, 2005)
- Question Q.29 (V147 MOTHER TONGUE) has not been documented correctly in the case of France. The correct categories (value labels) for France are:
(04) Auvergnat (French dialect)
(07) Alsacien (French dialect)
(10) Breton (French dialect)
(13) Provencal (French dialect)
(26) not documented
Current ZA deliveries contain the correct documentation.
Commission of the European Communities: Young Europeans in 1990 - Eurobarometer 34.2. Brussels, May 1991.