Eurobarometer 37.0 March-April 1992 ZA No. 2141
Awareness and Importance of Maastricht and the future of the European Community
- Attitudes towards the European Unification and the Single Market
- Concern about environmental pollution and attitudes towards environment protection
- Attitudes towards immigrants
Documents and Data:
- Study Description (including version information, errata reporting, variable information, access to questionnaires and data download)
- Archive variable report
- Basic English Questionnaire
- Basic French Questionnaire
- Concurrent with Eurobarometer 37.0 a few trend questions were also asked in an international INRA (EUROPE) omnibus survey for the EFTA countries and the Baltics. These data were merged into the European Integration Survey 1992 (ZA Study 2345).
- Current archive dataset version / update: v1.1.0 (2012)
- RELIGIOUS DENOMINATION is documented as "Orthodox" for code '3' in the original Eurobarometer codebooks and basic questionnaires starting with survey number 32. This is not correct in the case of the NETHERLANDS. Dutch respondents have been asked for the Protestant section "Gereformeerd" in the place of "Orthodox". Corrected in the ZA codebooks for deliveries after March 16, 1999.
- SIZE OF COMMUNITY has not been documented correctly in the case of GREECE. The correct categories (value labels) for Greece are: 01. up to 2.000 inhabitants; 02. 2.001 - 10.000 inhabitants; 03. 10.001 - 50.000 inhabitants; 04. 50.001 - 1.000.000 inhabitants; 05. 1.000.001 and more inhabitants. Current ZA deliveries contain the correct documentation. The original INRA codebook and SPSS documentation for categories '04' and '05' is erroneous.
- REGION II (NUTS I) is not correctly coded for FRANCE. The French region Corse, coded '22' in REGION I (V659), should be coded '8' (Mediterranee) in REGION II (V660). Corrected for ZA deliveries after March 16, 1999.
- INCOME HH (V649) categories are not correctly documented in the codebook for FRANCE. The correct categories are: 01. Less than 4.000 FF; 02. 4.000-4.999 FF; 03. 5.000-5.499 FF; 04. 5.500-5.999 FF; 05. 6.000-6.999 FF; 06. 7.000-7.999 FF; 07; 8.000-8.999 FF; 08. 9.000-9.999 FF; 09. 10.000-10.999 FF; 10. 11.000-12.499 FF; 11. 12.500-14.999 FF; 12. 15.000 FF and more. Corrected ZA codebook deliveries after November 23, 1999.
Commission of the European Communities: EUROBAROMETER 37. Public Opinion in the European Community. Brussels, June 1992.
Commission of the European Communities: Europeans and the Environment in 1992. Brussels, August 1992.
Commission of the European Communities: The European Community and United Germany in Spring 1992. Brussels, May 1992.