Eurobarometer 37.0 March-April 1992 ZA No. 2141
Awareness and Importance of Maastricht and the future of the European Community
- Attitudes towards the European Unification and the Single Market
- Concern about environmental pollution and attitudes towards environment protection
- Attitudes towards immigrants
Documents and Data:
- Study Description (including errata, version tracking, access to data and documents)
- Archive variable report
- Basic English Questionnaire
- Basic French Questionnaire
- Search in Eurobarometer Codebooks / Questionnaires
- ZACAT online access - dataset v1.0.0 (study and variable retrieval, data browsing, descriptive analysis, data download)
- Concurrent with Eurobarometer 37.0 a few trend questions were also asked in an international INRA (EUROPE) omnibus survey for the EFTA countries and the Baltics. These data were merged into the European Integration Survey 1992 (ZA Study 2345).
- Current archive dataset version / update: v1.1.0 (2012)
Commission of the European Communities: The European Community and United Germany in Spring 1992. Brussels, May 1992 (also available in French and German).
|France||1005||18 Mar 92 - 05 Apr 92||FR|
|Belgium||1036||23 Mar 92 - 04 Apr 92|
|Netherlands||1002||21 Mar 92 - 03 Apr 92||NL|
|Germany (West)||1065||23 Mar 92 - 05 Apr 92||DE_W|
|Italy||1046||24 Mar 92 - 10 Apr 92||IT|
|Luxembourg||496||18 Mar 92 - 15 Apr 92||LU|
|Denmark||1000||20 Mar 92 - 06 Apr 92||DK|
|Ireland||1001||21 Mar 92 - 11 Apr 92||IE|
|Great Britain||1016||18 Mar 92 - 10 Apr 92||GB|
|Northern Ireland||303||19 Mar 92 - 05 Apr 92||GB_NI|
|Greece||1000||23 Mar 92 - 06 Apr 92||GR|
|Spain||1000||18 Mar 92 - 07 Apr 92||ES|
|Portugal||1000||24 Mar 92 - 10 Apr 92||PT|
|Germany (East)||1112||21 Mar 92 - 03 Apr 92||DE_E|
|Norway||1000||21 Mar 92 - 10 Apr 92||NO|
|Questionnaire Copyright and Acknowledgements|
- RELIGIOUS DENOMINATION is documented as "Orthodox" for code '3' in the original Eurobarometer codebooks and basic questionnaires starting with survey number 32. This is not correct in the case of the NETHERLANDS. Dutch respondents have been asked for the Protestant section "Gereformeerd" in the place of "Orthodox". Corrected in the ZA codebooks for deliveries after March 16, 1999.
- SIZE OF COMMUNITY has not been documented correctly in the case of GREECE. The correct categories (value labels) for Greece are: 01. up to 2.000 inhabitants; 02. 2.001 - 10.000 inhabitants; 03. 10.001 - 50.000 inhabitants; 04. 50.001 - 1.000.000 inhabitants; 05. 1.000.001 and more inhabitants. Current ZA deliveries contain the correct documentation. The original INRA codebook and SPSS documentation for categories '04' and '05' is erroneous.
- REGION II (NUTS I) is not correctly coded for FRANCE. The French region Corse, coded '22' in REGION I (V659), should be coded '8' (Mediterranee) in REGION II (V660). Corrected for ZA deliveries after March 16, 1999.
- Starting with Eurobarometer 34 and up to survey 61, NUTS 1 level data (REGION II) for the NETHERLANDS are not (re-)coded
in accordance with the official EUROSTAT nomenclature of territorial unit statistics. The NUTS 2 level province ZEELAND should be
coded as belonging to NUTS 1 region (landsdel) WEST instead of SOUTH Netherlands. (ZA editions will be corrected from EB 53 onwards, November 11, 2005)
- INCOME HH (V649) categories are not correctly documented in the codebook for FRANCE. The correct categories are: 01. Less than 4.000 FF; 02. 4.000-4.999 FF; 03. 5.000-5.499 FF; 04. 5.500-5.999 FF; 05. 6.000-6.999 FF; 06. 7.000-7.999 FF; 07; 8.000-8.999 FF; 08. 9.000-9.999 FF; 09. 10.000-10.999 FF; 10. 11.000-12.499 FF; 11. 12.500-14.999 FF; 12. 15.000 FF and more. Corrected ZA codebook deliveries after November 23, 1999.
© GESIS Meinhard Moschner