Eurobarometer 38.0 September-October 1992 ZA No. 2294
The European Court of Justice, Passive Smoking, and Consumer Issues
- Attitudes towards the European Unification and the image of Italy
- Attitudes towards the EC institutions (European Court of Justice)
- Attitudes towards other EC countries (trustworthy...)
- Smoking habits and attitudes towards passive smoking
- Consumer behaviour and safety of products and services
Documents and Data:
- Study Description (including errata, version tracking, access to data and documents)
- Archive variable report
- Basic English Questionnaire
- Basic French Questionnaire
- Search in Eurobarometer Codebooks / Questionnaires
- ZACAT online access - dataset v1.0.0 (study and variable retrieval, data browsing, descriptive analysis, data download)
- Prior to Eurobarometer 38.0 questions on SMOKING and cancer have been asked in the context of a special health survey:
Commission of the European Communities. EURO HEALTH SURVEY 2: CANCER PREVENTION SURVEY, FEBRUARY-MARCH 1992.
- A 'Eurobarometer 38 Panel' survey on 'European Court of Justice' issues was conducted in 1993 under the responsibility of Gregory A. Caldeira (Department of Political Science, Ohio State University) and James L. Gibson (Department of Political Science, University of Houston), and in close cooperation with the Commission of the European Communities. Primary data are not yet available.
- Current archive dataset version / update: v1.1.0 (2012)
Commission of the European Communities: EUROBAROMETER 38. Public Opinion in the European Community. Brussels, December 1992.
Commission of the European Communities: Europe and Smoking. Brussels, May 1993
Kommission der Europäischen Gemeinschaften: Passivrauchen oder die Belästigung von Nichtrauchern durch Raucher (Passive smoking or the pollution of non-smokers by smokers). Brüssel, Herbst 1992 (also available in French).
Commission of the European Communities: European Opinion on the Safety of Consumers - Autumn 1992. Brussels, April 1993.
Commission of the European Communities: The European Community and United Germany in Autumn 1992. Brussels, February 1992 (also available in German).
European Commission: Europeans and the European Court of Justice in 1992. Results of Eurobarometer surveys no. 38.0 and 40. Brussels, 1994
- Gibson, James.L. and Caldeira, Gergory A.: Changes in the Legitimacy of the European Court of Justice: A Post-Maastricht Analysis. In: British Journal of Political Science, Vol. 28, No. 1 (Jan. 1998), pp 63-91 [http://www.jstor.org/stable/194157]
|France||1005||23 Sep 92 - 07 Oct 92||FR|
|Belgium||1040||23 Sep 92 - 09 Oct 92|
|Netherlands||1003||23 Sep 92 - 13 Oct 92||NL|
|Germany (West)||1013||23 Sep 92 - 09 Oct 92||DE_W|
|Italy||1052||28 Sep 92 - 10 Oct 92||IT|
|Luxembourg||500||21 Sep 92 - 15 Oct 92||LU|
|Denmark||1000||23 Sep 92 - 09 Oct 92||DK|
|Ireland||1008||24 Sep 92 - 14 Oct 92||IE|
|Great Britain||1058||23 Sep 92 - 09 Oct 92||GB|
|Northern Ireland||304||24 Sep 92 - 13 Oct 92||GB_NI|
|Greece||1006||25 Sep 92 - 08 Oct 92||GR|
|Spain||1004||21 Sep 92 - 10 Oct 92||ES|
|Portugal||1000||24 Sep 92 - 09 Oct 92||PT|
|Germany (East)||1015||23 Sep 92 - 02 Oct 92||DE_E|
|Norway||1006||28 Sep 92 - 16 Oct 92||NO|
|Questionnaire Copyright and Acknowledgements|
- RELIGIOUS DENOMINATION is documented as "Orthodox" for code '3' in the original Eurobarometer codebooks and basic questionnaires starting with survey number 32. This is not correct in the case of the NETHERLANDS. Dutch respondents have been asked for the Protestant section "Gereformeerd" in the place of "Orthodox". Corrected in the ZA codebooks for deliveries after March 16, 1999.
- SIZE OF COMMUNITY has not been documented correctly in the case of GREECE. The correct categories (value labels) for Greece are: 01. up to 2.000 inhabitants; 02. 2.001 - 10.000 inhabitants; 03. 10.001 - 50.000 inhabitants; 04. 50.001 - 1.000.000 inhabitants; 05. 1.000.001 and more inhabitants. Current ZA deliveries contain the correct documentation. The original INRA codebook and SPSS documentation for categories '04' and '05' is erroneous.
- SIZE OF COMMUNITY has not been documented correctly in the ZA codebook in the case of East Germany. The correct categories (value labels) for V762 are for West and East Germany: 01. Less than 2.000 inhabitants; 02. 2.000-4.999; 03. 5.000-19.999; 04. 20.000-49.999; 05. 50.000-99.999; 06. 100.000-499.999; 07. 500.000 and more. ZA deliveries after November 10, 1995 are corrected.
- Starting with Eurobarometer 34 and up to survey 61, NUTS 1 level data (REGION II) for the NETHERLANDS are not (re-)coded
in accordance with the official EUROSTAT nomenclature of territorial unit statistics. The NUTS 2 level province ZEELAND should be
coded as belonging to NUTS 1 region (landsdel) WEST instead of SOUTH Netherlands. (ZA editions will be corrected from EB 53 onwards, November 11, 2005)
© GESIS Meinhard Moschner