Eurobarometer 38.1 November 1992 ZA No. 2295
Consumer Protection and Perceptions of Science and Technology
- The European consumer and the Single Market
- Consumer behavior with respect to food products and labeling
- Safety of products and services
- Attitudes towards science and technology
- Attitudes towards satellite television and HDTV in Europe
Documents and Data:
- Study Description (including version information, errata reporting, variable information, access to questionnaires and data download)
- Archive variable report
- Basic English Questionnaire
- Basic French Questionnaire
- See also special Eurobarometer trend file release: "Public Understanding of Science in Europe 1989-2005" (ZA4669).
- Current archive dataset version / update: v1.0.1 (2012)
- RELIGIOUS DENOMINATION is documented as "Orthodox" for code '3' in the original Eurobarometer codebooks and basic questionnaires starting with survey number 32. This is not correct in the case of the NETHERLANDS. Dutch respondents have been asked for the Protestant section "Gereformeerd" in the place of "Orthodox". Corrected in the ZA codebooks for deliveries after March 16, 1999.
- SIZE OF COMMUNITY has not been documented correctly in the case of GREECE. The correct categories (value labels) for Greece are: 01. up to 2.000 inhabitants; 02. 2.001 - 10.000 inhabitants; 03. 10.001 - 50.000 inhabitants; 04. 50.001 - 1.000.000 inhabitants; 05. 1.000.001 and more inhabitants. Current ZA deliveries contain the correct documentation. The original INRA codebook and SPSS documentation for categories '04' and '05' is erroneous.
- Starting with Eurobarometer 34 and up to survey 61, NUTS 1 level data (REGION II) for the NETHERLANDS are not (re-)coded in accordance with the official EUROSTAT nomenclature of territorial unit statistics. The NUTS 2 level province ZEELAND should be coded as belonging to NUTS 1 region (landsdel) WEST instead of SOUTH Netherlands. (ZA editions will be corrected from EB 53 onwards, November 11, 2005)
Commission of the European Communities: Europeans, Science and Technology - Public Understanding and Attitudes. Brussels, June 1993.