Eurobarometer 39.0 March-April 1993 ZA No. 2346
European Community Policies and Family Life
- Attitudes towards and knowledge about the European integration
- The European Parliament and the European Elections 1994
- Trust in people from other countries
- The image of Germany in Europe
- Attitudes towards immigrants
- Attitudes towards partnership and children education in the family
Documents and Data:
- Study Description (including version information, errata reporting, variable information, access to questionnaires and data download)
- Archive variable report
- Basic English Questionnaire
- Basic French Questionnaire
- Current archive dataset version / update: v1.1.0 (2012)
- RELIGIOUS DENOMINATION is documented as "Orthodox" for code '3' in the original Eurobarometer codebooks and basic questionnaires starting with survey number 32. This is not correct in the case of the NETHERLANDS. Dutch respondents have been asked for the Protestant section "Gereformeerd" in the place of "Orthodox". Corrected in the ZA codebooks for deliveries after March 16, 1999.
- SIZE OF COMMUNITY has not been documented correctly in the case of GREECE. The correct categories (value labels) for Greece are: 01. up to 2.000 inhabitants; 02. 2.001 - 10.000 inhabitants; 03. 10.001 - 50.000 inhabitants; 04. 50.001 - 1.000.000 inhabitants; 05. 1.000.001 and more inhabitants. Current ZA deliveries contain the correct documentation. The original INRA codebook and SPSS documentation for categories '04' and '05' is erroneous.
- Starting with Eurobarometer 34 and up to survey 61, NUTS 1 level data (REGION II) for the NETHERLANDS are not (re-)coded in accordance with the official EUROSTAT nomenclature of territorial unit statistics. The NUTS 2 level province ZEELAND should be coded as belonging to NUTS 1 region (landsdel) WEST instead of SOUTH Netherlands. (ZA editions will be corrected from EB 53 onwards, November 11, 2005)
- In the 1st and 2nd ICPSR editions the WEIGHTING variable for Finland (V17) was erroneously coded ZERO for all cases, i.e. the Finish sample will "disappear" instead of being weighted. The corrected 3rd ICPSR edition is distributed since March 1997.
- In the 1st and 2nd ICPSR editions the variable labels for Q.39 have to be corrected as follows:
/ V168 "Q39 EC INFO SOURCE - MEETING"
/ V169 "Q39 EC INFO SOURCE - DISCUSSION"
/ V170 "Q39 EC INFO SOURCE - DAILY NEWSPAPERS"
/ V171 "Q39 EC INFO SOURCE - OTHER PAPERS"
/ V172 "Q39 EC INFO SOURCE - BOOKS BROCHURES"
/ V173 "Q39 EC INFO SOURCE - EC NOTICE BOARDS"
/ V174 "Q39 EC INFO SOURCE - EC OFFICE"
/ V175 "Q39 EC INFO SOURCE - GOVERNMENT OFFICE"
/ V176 "Q39 EC INFO SOURCE - TRADE UNION/PROF AS"
/ V177 "Q39 EC INFO SOURCE - OTHER ORGANIZATION"
/ V178 "Q39 EC INFO SOURCE - NEVER LOOK FOR"
/ V179 "Q39 EC INFO SOURCE - DK"
The corrected 3rd ICPSR edition is distributed since March 1997.
Commission of the European Communities: EUROBAROMETER 39. Public Opinion in the European Community. Brussels, June 1993.
Commission of the European Communities: The Europeans and the Family - Results of an opinion survey (Les europeens et la famille - resultats d'une enquête d'opinion). Brussels, December 1993.