Eurobarometer 44.1 November-December 1995 ZA No. 2690
Education and Training Throughout Life and the Common European Currency
- EU-citizens' expectation for 1996
- Attitudes towards the Single European Currency
- Informedness on the European Union, attitudes and expectations towards European policies and the European Parliament (including fundamental EU objectives)
- Consumer behavior with respect to food products and labeling
- Attitudes and perceptions concerning the "Third World" and aid to development
- Attitudes towards education and training throughout life and children's education at school
- Attitudes towards other EU countries (trustworthy ...)
- The image of Italy in Europe
Documents and Data:
- Study Description (including version information, errata reporting, variable information, access to questionnaires and data download)
- Archive variable report
- Basic English Questionnaire
- Basic French Questionnaire
- Questions on attitudes towards the "Single European Currency" (Q.3 and Q.9 to Q.21) are repeated from Eurobarometer 44.0 and should be analyzed in combination.
- Questions on "education and training throughout life" and "children’s education at school" (Q.92 to Q.118) are repeated from Eurobarometer 44.0, but are only asked to respondents aged 15-24 years. Meaningful results are obtained for the total population on the 44.0 data; for the target group of young people and specific needs of this questionnaire topic, one should combine the 44.1 youth subsample with the corresponding 44.0 data.
- The parallel survey conducted in NORWAY is not part of the official Eurobarometer 44.1.
- Current archive dataset version / update: v1.0.1 (2012)
- Errata: Starting with Eurobarometer 34 and up to survey 61, NUTS 1 level data (REGION II) for the NETHERLANDS are not (re-)coded in accordance with the official EUROSTAT nomenclature of territorial unit statistics. The NUTS 2 level province ZEELAND should be coded as belonging to NUTS 1 region (landsdel) WEST instead of SOUTH Netherlands. (ZA editions will be corrected from EB 53 onwards, November 11, 2005)
European Commission: EUROBAROMETER 44. Public Opinion in the European Community. Brussels, Spring 1996.
INRA (Europe) pour la Commission Européenne, Direction Générale VI.BI.4: Les labels de qualité. Bruxelles, mars 1996.
INRA (Europe) for the European Commission, DG VIII: The Way Europeans perceive developing Countries in 1995. Brussels, 20th March 1996 (also available in French)
European Commission: Europeans and their Attitudes to Education and Training. 1997.
European Commission: European Citizens and the EURO, Brussels, 1996 (Results of two EU-wide opinion polls carried out 15 Oct-15 Dec and 16 Dec-20 Dec on behalf of the European Commission Survey Research Unit "Eurobarometer Opinion Polls". 22-24 January 1996. Round table on the Euro. Executive summary. Press release.) (also available in French and German)