Eurobarometer 46.1 October-November 1996 ZA No. 2899
Modern Biotechnology, Privacy on Computer Networks, and the Common European Currency
- New Technologies: attitudes towards biotechnology
- Next general elections issues
- The European Currency
- Information technology use and data privacy
Documents and Data:
- Study Description (including version information, errata reporting, variable information, access to questionnaires and data download)
- Archive variable report
- Basic English Questionnaire
- Basic French Questionnaire
- Questions on attitudes towards the Single European Currency (Q.23 to Q.42) are repeated from Eurobarometer 46.0 (Q.24 to Q.43) and should be analyzed in combination.
- Conducted not long after Eurobarometer 46.1 the United States Biotechnology Study (Jon D. Miller, 1997-1998) posed some questions similar to those asked of European respondents (ICPSR Study 3030).
- The parallel survey conducted in NORWAY is not part of the official Eurobarometer 46.1.
- Current archive dataset version / update: v1.1.0 (2012)
- Errata: Starting with Eurobarometer 34 and up to survey 61, NUTS 1 level data (REGION II) for the NETHERLANDS are not (re-)coded in accordance with the official EUROSTAT nomenclature of territorial unit statistics. The NUTS 2 level province ZEELAND should be coded as belonging to NUTS 1 region (landsdel) WEST instead of SOUTH Netherlands. (GESIS Data Archive editions will be corrected from EB 53 onwards, November 11, 2005)
European Commission, Directorate General XII: The Europeans and modern biotechnology. Brussels, 1997 (also available in French).
INRA (Europe) for the European Commission, Directorate General "Internal Market and finacial services": Information Technology and Data Privacy. Brussels, January 1997.