Eurobarometer 93.1 July-August 2020 ZA No. 7649
Please note that this Standard Eurobarometer wave was collected during the 2020 Coronavirus pandemic. It therefore deviates from previous Eurobarometer waves in several aspects, including the mode of data collection, the presence resp. formulation of certain demographic and interview protocol variables, and the source materials delivered to the archive. For further details on the mode of data collection please refer to the Technical Specifications in the basic bilingual questionnaire.
The variable names of the demographic items have been adjusted to the series standard.
- Standard trend questions (QA)
- The EU and the Coronavirus outbreak (QA)
- Europeans' priorities (QB)
- European citizenship (QC)
- The EU budget (QD)
Documents and Data:
- Study description (including version information, errata reporting, variable information, online access to questionnaires and DATA DOWNLOAD)
- Archive variable report
- Basic bilingual questionnaire
- Mapping of questionnaire items and dataset variable names
- Original dataset and documentation supplied by Kantar Public
- Modules QA to QD in the standard Eurobarometer context and largely replicating questions asked in the context of Eurobarometer 92.3 (ZA7601) and Eurobarometer 91.5 (ZA7576).
- Please note that the absence of several question numbers in the questionnaires and the dataset is intended. In addition, the main questionnaire variable names in the dataset diverge from those assigned in the questionnaire. The file ´ZA7649_Numbering_Mapping.pdf´ available via ´Other documents´ on the data download page describes the translation of question numbers in the questionnaire into variable names in the dataset.
- The variable names of the standard demography variables have been changed according to the usual Eurobarometer nomenclature.
- A corrected version of p1 ("INTERVIEW DATE") has been delivered to the archive and is supplied in version 1.1.0.
- Variables d40abc_r1 to d40abc_r4 (“HOUSEHOLD COMPOSITION: SIZE A+B+C (REC)”), d40_d11 (“ONE-PERSON HOUSEHOLD COMPOSITION BY AGE”) and region_germany_wt (“REGION GERMANY”) have been corrected in version 1.2.0.
- Variables w3 (“WEIGHT GERMANY”), p3 (“DURATION OF INTERVIEW (MINUTES)”), p6 (“SIZE OF COMMUNITY”) and p13 (“LANGUAGE OF INTERVIEW”) were added in version 2.0.0. For p13 there is a second variable p13_2 (“LANGUAGE OF INTERVIEW BE ES LV MT”) for which the languages can be obtained from the respective country questionnaires.
- Current dataset version: archive pre-release, v2.0.0 as of 2022-02-10, doi:10.4232/1.13866
- European Commission:
Standard Eurobarometer 93. Public Opinion in the European Union. Survey requested by the European Commission, requested and co-ordinated by Directorate-General for Communication (DG COMM Unit ‘Media monitoring and Eurobarometer’).