The GESIS data download is back online! You can now find relevant data in our rich collection of more than 6,000 social sciences studies via the GESIS Search (https://search.gesis.org) and download it with all documentation and materials after registration and login.
A hacker attack, in which the hackers accessed the registration database in our Data Catalog DBK, had caused us to take this service offline. Following the extensive investigation of the incident by internal and external security experts, we decided to implement a completely new solution for the administration of user accounts. This solution is based on open source software and allows us to manage account information in a secure and user-friendly environment.
For several weeks now all supporting materials for our data, such as questionnaires and codebooks, have been available for download in the GESIS Search. As of today it is also possible again to search for and download the freely available data from the collection of the GESIS Data Archive for the Social Science via https://search.gesis.org. This requires a registration and login under https://login.gesis.org. As before, access to more sensitive research data can be granted upon request.
In the next step SowiDataNet|datorium, our repository for uploading and publishing research data (https://data.gesis.org/sharing), will also be connected to the new registration system. As soon as this has been completed, you will be able to log in with your new account there as well to download or publish research data.
We want to thank you very much for your patience. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have any questions - we are more than happy to help.
In the following, please find an overview of selected new data sets available for download or upon request from https://search.gesis.org:
- European Commission, Brussels; Directorate General Communication, COMM.A.3 ´Media Monitoring and Eurobarometer´ (2020). Eurobarometer 92.1 (2019). ZA7579 Data file Version 1.0.0 (2020), doi.org/10.4232/1.13432
- Hall, Anja, Hünefeld, Lena, & Rohrbach-Schmidt, Daniela (2020). BIBB/BAuA-Erwerbstätigenbefragung 2018 - Arbeit und Beruf im Wandel. Erwerb und Verwertung beruflicher Qualifikationen. ZA7574 Data file Version 1.0.0 (2020), doi.org/10.4232/1.13433 (access restricted)
- Muckenhuber, Johanna, Hadler, Markus, Höllinger, Franz u.a. (2020). International Social Survey Programme: Religion IV - ISSP 2018. ZA7570 Data file Version 1.0.0 (2020), doi.org/10.4232/1.13441
- Presse- und Informationsamt der Bundesregierung (2020). Generation Z. ZA6738 Data file Version 1.0.0 (2020), doi.org/10.4232/1.13446
- Beck, Nora-Elise, & Döbert, Lars (2020). Security Sector Reform in Post-war Syria: A Security Needs Assessment among the Syrian Diaspora in Germany. ZA6982 Data file Version 1.0.0 (2020), doi.org/10.4232/1.13457
- Presse- und Informationsamt der Bundesregierung (2020). Politisches Informationsverhalten. ZA6739 Data file Version 1.0.0 (2020), doi.org/10.4232/1.13478
- Erlinghagen, Marcel, & Schneider, Norbert (2020). German Emigration and Remigration Panel Study (GERPS) 2018. ZA7583 Data file Version 1.0.0 (2020), https://doi.org/10.4232/1.13479
- GESIS - Leibniz-Institut für Sozialwissenschaften (2020): Allgemeine Bevölkerungsumfrage der Sozialwissenschaften ALLBUS - Kumulation 1980-2018. ZA5274 Data file Version 1.0.0, doi.org/10.4232/1.13395
- Forschungsgruppe Wahlen, Mannheim (2020): Politbarometer 1977-2018 (Partielle Kumulation). ZA2391 Data file Version 11.0.0, doi.org/10.4232/1.13431