Special Issue – Islamicate Secularities in Past and Present (Markus Dressler, Armando Salvatore & Monika Wohlrab-Sahr)
- Markus Dressler, Armando Salvatore & Monika Wohlrab-Sahr: Islamicate Secularities: New Perspectives on a Contested Concept.
- Armando Salvatore: Secularity through a ‘Soft Distinction’ in the Islamic Ecumene? Adab as a Counterpoint to Shari‘a.
- Neguin Yavari: The Political Regard in Medieval Islamic Thought.
- Florian Zemmin: Validating Secularity in Islam: The Sociological Perspective of the Muslim Intellectual Rafiq al-‘Azm (1865-1925).
- Samuli Schielke: Is Prose Poetry a Conspiracy Against the Noble Qur’an? Poetics, Humans, and God in Contemporary Egypt.
- Katerina Dalacoura: “Islamic Civilization” as an Aspect of Secularization in Turkish Islamic Thought.
- Mohammad Magout: Transnationalizing Multiple Secularities: A Comparative Study of the Global Ismaՙili Community.
- Sana Chavoshian: Secular Atmospheres: Unveiling and Urban Space in Early 20th Century Iran.
- Brannon D. Ingram: A ‘Modern’ Madrasa: Deoband and Colonial Secularity.
- Yee Lak Elliot Lee: Muslims as “Hui” in Late Imperial and Republican China. A Historical Reconsideration of Social Differentiation and Identity Construction.
- Martin Ramstedt: Politics of Taxonomy in Postcolonial Indonesia: Ethnic Traditions between Religionisation and Secularisation.
- Paul Rotering: Family Systems and Fertility, Western Europe 1870-1960.