Special Issue – Social Finance, Impact Investing, and the Financialization of the Public Interest (Eve Chiapello & Lisa Knoll)
- Eve Chiapello & Lisa Knoll: Social Finance and Impact Investing. Governing Welfare in the Era of Financialization.
- Emily Barman: Many a Slip: The Challenge of Impact as Boundary Object in Social Finance.
- Antoine Ducastel & Ward Anseeuw: Impact Investing in South Africa: Investing in Empowerment, Empowering Investors.
- Serena Natile: Digital Finance Inclusion and the Mobile Money “Social” Enterprise: A Socio-Legal Critique of M-Pesa in Kenya.
- Jacob Hellman:Feeling Good and Financing Impact: Affective Judgments as a Tool for Social Investing.
- Théo Bourgeron: Constructing the Double Circulation of Capital and “Social Impact.” An Ethnographic Study of a French Impact Investment Fund.
- Davide Caselli: Did You Say “Social Impact”? Welfare Transformations, Networks of Expertise, and the Financialization of Italian Welfare.
- Leslie Huckfield: The Mythology of the Social Impact Bond. A Critical Assessment from a Concerned Observer.
- Manuel Wirth: Nudging Subjects at Risk: Social Impact Bonds between Financialization and Compassion.
Forum – Challenges for Big Data Analysis. Data Quality and Data Analysis of Analogous and Digital Mass Data (Lilli Braunisch, Malte Schweia, Peter Graeff & Nina Baur)
- Nina Baur, Peter Graeff, Lilli Braunisch & Malte Schweia: The Quality of Big Data. Development, Problems, and Possibilities of Use of Process-Generated Data in the Digital Age.
- Peter Graeff & Nina Baur: Digital Data, Administrative Data, and Survey Compared: Updating the Classical Toolbox for Assessing Data Quality of Big Data, Exemplified by the Generation of Corruption Data.
- Gertraud Koch & Katharina Kinder-Kurlanda: Source Criticism of Data Platform Logics on the Internet.
- Martin Weichbold, Alexander Seymer, Wolfgang Aschauer & Thomas Herdin: Potential and Limits of Automated Classification of Big Data – A Case Study.
- Rainer Diaz-Bone, Kenneth Horvath & Valeska Cappel: Social Research in Times of Big Data. The Challenges of New Data Worlds and the Need for a Sociology of Social Research.
- Michael Weinhardt: Ethical Issues in the Use of Big Data for Social Research.