Many of the tasks that you are asked to complete will be familiar to you from your daily life.
Reading and understanding
• Read a brochure about public transport at a holiday destination and answer questions about the choices.
• Compare different websites on health issues and find relevant information.
• Read posts in a discussion forum and put the events in chronological order.
• Look at the information on a medication package to find out how long the medication can be taken.
• Determine the shortest route between two places using a map.
• Calculate how much material is needed for a home repair.
• Look at a graph and answer questions about the information shown.
• Compare several special offers to find the best one.
Problem solving in everyday life
• Exchange a product that was ordered online.
• Organize a trip and look for the best connection.
• Plan a celebration with friends and coordinate the dates.
• Monitor a production machine and correct the machine settings.
You can find example tasks from PIAAC Cycle 1 here.