During the PIAAC survey you will be asked to complete tasks using a tablet computer. Many of the tasks that you are asked to complete will be familiar to you from your daily life. No prior knowledge is necessary to complete the tasks.
Examples of possible tasks:
- Read a brochure about public transport at a holiday destination and answer questions about the choices.
- Compare different websites on health issues and decide where you can find relevant information about specific health issues.
- Look at several special offers for a product of daily use. Compare the prices and determine which of the offers is the best one.
- You are planning a celebration with friends. You are tasked with looking at the results of a poll to check availability and to coordinate the dates.
- Determine the shortest route between two places using a map.
- Organize a train trip. Look at the results from an online search and determine the best connection.
You can find example tasks from PIAAC Cycle 1 here.