Information linking develops models which allow for linking heterogenous types of information through semantic web technologies. Information retrieval develops models which improve digital information search.
Main research areas in the field of information linking and retrieval are:
- User studies and logfile analyses to analyze the information behavior of social scientists
- Linking different types of information as well as combining survey data with research data from other academic domains
- Making information retrieval easier and more personal
- Integrated access to information via linked information (“link retrieval”)
- Developing domain specific recommender and ranking services
- Novel logfile based metrics for evaluating interactive retrieval systems
- Dahou, Abdelhalim Hafedh. 2021. "A3C: Arabic Anaphora Annotated Corpus." Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Natural Language and Speech Processing (ICNLSP 2021), 147–155. Association for Computational Linguistics.
- Dahou, Abdelhalim Hafedh, and Mohamed Amine Cheragui. 2022. "Impact of Normalization and Data Augmentation in NER for Algerian Arabic Dialect." Modelling and Implementation of Complex Systems: Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium, MISC 2022, Mostaganem, Algeria, October 30‐31, 2022. 249-262. Springer International Publishing. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-18516-8_18.
- Dahou, Abdelhalim Hafedh, and Mohamed Amine Cheragui. 2023. "Named Entity Recognition for Algerian Arabic Dialect in Social Media." 12th International Conference on Information Systems and Advanced Technologies “ICISAT 2022” Intelligent Information, Data Science and Decision Support System. 135-145. Springer International Publishing. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-25344-7_13.
- Soldner, Felix, Fabian Plum, Bennett Kleinberg, and Shane Johnson. 2022. "From the dark to the surface web: Scouting eBay for counterfeits." ODISSEI Conference for Social Science in the Netherlands 2022, Open Data Infrastructure for Social Science and Economic Innovations, Utrecht, 2022-11-03.
- Soldner, Felix, Bennett Kleinberg, and Shane Johnson. 2022. "Confounds and overestimations in fake review detection: Experimentally controlling for product-ownership and data-origin." PLoS ONE 17 (12): e0277869. doi: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0277869.