The research on values, attitudes and behavior is mainly based on data collected by GESIS (e.g. ALLBUS, CSES, ESS, Eurobarometer, EVS, GESIS Panel, GLES, ISSP, PIAAC und WVS). On the one hand, this ensures that the data service offered is research-based. On the other hand, research benefits from a sound knowledge of the data and its fundamentals. Research priorities are consistent with the data priorities, ensuring maximum synergy between research and data service.
One focus of this research area is the analysis with repeated cross-sectional surveys and panel data. Another focus is international comparative analysis. Thematic research is conducted on migration and integration as well as topics such as national identity, social values, inequality, gender ideology, environment, health, religion, and social capital.
- Génois, Mathieu, Maria Zens, Marcos Oliveira, and Johann Schaible. 2023. "[Poster:] Exploration of contact behaviour during scientific conferences." IC2S2 2023: International Conference on Computational Social Science, 2023-07-17.
- Bacaksizlar Turbic, N. Gizem, Melih Can Yardi, Ozgem Elif Acar, Oguz Gurerk, Ali Hurriyetoglu, Tolga Etgu, and Erdem Yoruk. 2022. "Social Networks in Times of Turkey’s Currency Crisis." The 11th International Conference on Complex Networks and their Applications (Palermo, Italy), 2022-11-08.
- Batzdorfer, Veronika. 2022. "Theory-driven modelling of complex socio-psychological constructs in text." Invited Panel Talk on the Workshop on Computational Linguistics for Political Text Analysis (CPSS-2022), Universität Potsdam, 2022-09-12.
- Ebbinghaus, Bernhard, Lukas Lehner, and Elias Naumann. 2022. "Welfare state support during the COVID-19 pandemic: Change and continuity in public attitudes towards social policies in Germany." European Policy Analysis 8 (3): 297-311. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/epa2.1152.
- Navarrete, Rosa M., Christina Eder, Marc Debus, Harald Schoen, Chung-hong Chan, and Christof Wolf. 2022. digilog@bw—Dynamics of Participation in the Era of Digitalisation. doi: https://doi.org/10.7802/2390.