Evaluation of the Programme for Women Professors
Evaluation of the Programme for Women Professors: Second Phase and Overall Evaluation
Leader: Dr. Andrea Löther, Dr. Nina Steinweg (Stellvertretung)
Scientific unit: Centre of Excellence Women and Science (CEWS), Monitoring Society and Social Change
On behalf of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research CEWS performs the evaluation of the second phase and the overall evaluation of the Programme for Women Professors. The evaluation focuses on the programme’s effects and consequences on gender equality at universities and provides a basis for future activities of the Joint Science Conference (GWK).
The evaluation is conducted as a theory-based summative evaluation following the logic model. An analysis of the specific governance structure of the universities, their gender equality policy and internal organization as well as existing gender equality structures and practices at universities forms the evaluation. Besides the context and implementation of the Programme for Women Professors, the evaluation will focus on the programme’s output, outcome and impact.
CEWS gathers data using a combination of quantitative and qualitative methods:
- Federal Ministry’s Report
- Online-survey among member-universities of the German Rectors’ Conference (HRK)
- Online-survey among professors promoted in the Programme for Women Professors
- Analysis of administrative data of member-universities of the German Rectors’ Conference (HRK)
- Expert interviews
- Analysis of the gender equality concepts and documentations
- Case studies