TraininG towards a society of data-saVvy inforMation prOfessionals to enable open leadership INnovation
Leader: Peter Mutschke
Scientific unit: Knowledge Technologies for the Social Sciences
The vision of the MOVING project is to develop an innovative training platform that enables people from all societal sectors (companies, universities, public administration) to fundamentally improve their information literacy by training how to use, choose, reflect and evaluate data/text mining methods in connection with their daily research tasks. We believe that an extensive distribution of this type of information literacy education in the sense of a data-savvy information professional will have a decisive impact on the innovative capacity of the European society. The MOVING project will train people to cope with the large amount of Internet-based information they are faced with as part of their daily professional duties. We provide them technical support as well as social advice to organise, filter and exploit these information in a more efficient and sustainable way.
- ETHNIKO KENTRO EREVNAS KAI TECHNOLOGIKIS ANAPTYXIS (Centre for Research and technology Hellas)
- ERNST & YOUNG GMBH WIRTSCHAFTSPRÜFUNGSGESELLSCHAFT
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET DRESDEN
- KOMPETENZZENTRUM FUR WISSENSBASIERTE ANWENDUNGEN UND SYSTEME FORSCHUNGS- UND ENTWICKLUNGS GMBH
- INSTITUT JOZEF STEFAN
- DEUTSCHE ZENTRALBIBLIOTHEK FUER WIRTSCHAFTSWISSENSCHAFTEN - LEIBNIZ-INFORMATIONSZENTRUM WIRTSCHAFT THE UNIVERSITY OF MANCHESTER
- GESIS-LEIBNIZ INSTITUT FÜR SOZIALWISSENSCHAFTEN e.V.
- FUNDACJA PROGRESS AND BUSINESS
- Backes, Tobias (2018): Effective Unsupervised Author Disambiguation with Relative Frequencies. Proceedings of the 16th ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL'18).
- Backes, Tobias (2018): The Impact of Name-Matching and Blocking on Author Disambiguation. Proceedings of the 27th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM ’18).