EUROGRADUATE Pilot Survey
Leader: Dr. Christoph Meng (ROA - Stichting Liber), Dr. Stefan Zins (für GESIS)
Scientific unit: Dep. Survey Design and Methodology, Team Survey Statistics
The EUROGRADUATE Pilot Survey was launched with the intention to promote European graduate research. As the preceding feasibility study confirmed in 2016, there is a strong demand for a EU-wide graduate study. Aiming at high quality data and high comparability across the participating European countries, the project’s consortium set up the idea of a pilot survey to prepare and test-run a full roll-out in the future.
More specifically the project has the following objectives:
- Develop tools and processes for a centralised collection and handling of data,
- Assess the feasibility of, and identify methods for, sampling and contacting graduate populations in Erasmus+ countries,
- Consult experts and relevant authorities on the content of survey questionnaires, sampling and contacting approaches and coordination with existing national-level graduate surveys,
- Test-run the data collection tools in a minimum of six European countries,
- Assess the willingness of Erasmus+ countries to take part in a full roll-out of a European graduate survey.
- Develop recommendations and proposals for the implementation of a full roll-out of a European graduate survey.
- Stichting LIBER/ROA (Maastricht)
- German Centre for Higher Education Research and Science Studies (Hanover)
- Institute for Advanced Studies (Vienna)
- DESAN Research Solutions (Amsterdam)
- cApStAn (Brussels/ Philadelphia)
- See project homepage