Building the Future: Excelling in Computational and Quantitative Social Sciences in Turkey
Leader: Dr. Haiko Lietz
Scientific unit: Computational Social Science (CSS)
Social ComQuant is a European Commission-funded project that aims at developing computational and quantitative social science research methods in Turkey. This is a Twinning Project, in which GESIS and the ISI Foundation in Italy are twinned with Koç University in Turkey in a three-year effort to establish an infrastructure to enhance teaching and research capacity in said areas.
The goal of the Social ComQuant project is to establish a research community and network in Turkey and beyond which is composed of scholars with a common interest in computational and quantitative social sciences. To achieve this goal, the project offers different activities:
- In GESIS workshops, leading scientists from social sciences, computer science, mathematics, and physics teach state-of-the-art computational methods that are hallmarks of research in the field.
- Three summer schools, two in Turkey and one in Italy, focus on key research lines particularly related to computational and quantitative social science methods.
- Online courses prepared around a wide set of relevant social science research topics allow scholars to acquire methodological skills via the cloud-based teaching environment GESIS Notebooks.
- Early-stage and senior researchers at Koç University are invited to virtually and physically visit GESIS and the ISI Foundation to work on joint research projects.
Runtime01.08.2020 – 31.07.2023
- Koç University, Istanbul, Türkei
- ISI Foundation, Turin, Italien