Research in the area of data sharing addresses the reasons, incentives or disincentives, as well as the conditions for and results of openly available research data. One aspect of this is that primary investigators make their data available for other projects, so that the data can be used more than once.
In addition, the secondary use of available data can be very effective and create valuable new research questions. Another aspect covers research transparency, making it possible to proof scientific insights by inspecting the data both in primary and secondary usage of research data.
- Wackerow, Joachim. 2011. "DDI3 Uniform Resource Names: locating and providing the related DDI3 objects." http://www.iassistdata.org/downloads/2010/2010_b4_wackerow.pdf.
- Gregory, Arofan, and Joachim Wackerow. 2011. "Triple session: Recent Developments in the DDI Implementation Landscape." IASSIST Conference 2011. http://www.iassistdata.org/downloads/2011/2011_a1_gregory.pdf.
- Wackerow, Joachim, and Hilde Orten. 2012. "A DDI resource package for the International Standard for Classification of Education (ISCED)." IASSIST Conference 2012. http://www.iassistdata.org/downloads/2012/2012_g1_wackerow_etal.pdf.
- Gregory, Arofan, and Joachim Wackerow. 2012. "DDI Lifecycle and Qualitative Data: Development of a Formal Model." IASSIST Conference 2012. http://www.iassistdata.org/downloads/2012/2012_pkb_gregory_etal.pdf.
- Vardigan, Mary, Wendy Thomas, Arofan Gregory, and Joachim Wackerow. 2014. "Next-Generation DDI: Building Model-Based DDI 4." IASSIST Conference 2014. doi: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3780809.