GESIS examines the intercultural comparability of methods and instruments within the three areas Survey Statistics, Survey Instruments and Survey Operations. Furthermore we conduct cross-cultural and cross-national research within international research networks such as the European Social Survey, the International Social Survey Programme and its working groups on methods and questionnaire development as well as in PIAAC.
Exemplary research topics are:
- Cross-cultural comparability of sampling designs
- Translation and adaptation of measurement instruments
- Testing of measurement invariance
- Cognitive pretesting in cross-cultural surveys
- Martin, Silke, Anouk Zabal, Débora B. Maehler, and Beatrice Rammstedt. 2022. "Data from PIAAC Germany and its Longitudinal Follow-Up, PIAAC-L." Journal of Open Psychology Data 10 (1): 20. doi: https://doi.org/10.5334/jopd.74.
- Martin, Silke, Débora B. Maehler, Anouk Zabal, and Beatrice Rammstedt. 2022. "PIAAC-L: the longitudinal follow-up to PIAAC in Germany." Soziale Welt – Zeitschrift für sozialwissenschaftliche Forschung und Praxis 73 (1): 169 - 199. doi: https://doi.org/10.5771/0038-6073-2022-1-169.
- Heath, Anthony F., and Silke L. Schneider. 2021. "Dimensions of migrant integration in Western Europe." Frontiers in Sociology 6 (510987). doi: https://doi.org/10.3389/fsoc.2021.510987.
- Biolcati Rinaldi, Ferrucio, Francesco Molteni, Markus Quandt, and Cristiano Vezzoni. 2020. "Church Attendance and Religious change Pooled European dataset (CARPE): A survey harmonization project for the comparative analysis of long-term trends in individual religiosity." Quality & Quantity online first. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11135-020-01048-9.
- Markina, Anna, Sabine Israel, Markus Quandt, Renata Franc, Rein Murakas, and Jo Deakin. 2020. H2020 PROMISE Ten-Country Youth Participation Survey. doi: https://doi.org/10.7802/1990.