In the area of Survey Operations, basic and application-oriented research is carried out on various questions of data collection and survey design. Topics include the design of online and mixed-mode surveys, data linkage, use of geo and paradata, field control and interviewer effects as well as interview training.
Research topics, which are investigated in particular on the basis of the GESIS Panel as well as the research projects carried out in the team, are for example:
- Panel recruitment
- Sample refreshment
- Incentives and response rates
- Machine learning
- Push-to-web strategies in mixed-mode surveys
- Responsive and adaptive designs
- Performance-related motivation of interviewers
- Determinants of successful interviewer training
- Identification of counterfeits in surveys
- Determinants of Interview Effects
- Mobile Surveys
- Data Linkage
- Response behavior and social desirability
- Cognitive Pretesting
Consulting services related to survey design, implementation, documentation and collection of additional data.
- Hoyle, Larry, Louise Corti, Arofan Gregory, Agustina Martinez, Joachim Wackerow, Eirik Alvar, Noemi Cabrera, Damien Gallagher, Tobias Gebel, Jani Hautamaki, Arja Kuula, Steven McEachern, and Cornelia Züll. 2013. "A qualitative data model for DDI." DDI Working Paper Series 2013. doi: https://doi.org/10.3886/DDIWorkingPaper05.
- Gauly, Britta, and Clemens Lechner. 2018. "Self-selection vs. Self-perfection: The Relationship Between Training and Adult Competencies." Research Seminar, Chair of Bernd Fitzenberger, HU Berlin.
- Gauly, Britta, and Clemens Lechner. 2018. "Self-selection vs. self-perfection: The relationship between training and adult competencies." PhD Discussion Workshop: Personnel Economics and Economics of Education, 2018-01-31.
- Gauly, Britta. 2018. "Referee Report für "Zeitschrift für Weiterbildungsfoschung"." Anzahl: 1.
- Lenzner, Timo. 2018. "Gutachten für Sociological Methods and Research." Anzahl: 1.