In the area of Survey Operations, basic and application-oriented research is carried out on various questions of data collection and survey design. Topics include the design of online and mixed-mode surveys, data linkage, use of geo and paradata, field control and interviewer effects as well as interview training.
Research topics, which are investigated in particular on the basis of the GESIS Panel as well as the research projects carried out in the team, are for example:
- Panel recruitment
- Sample refreshment
- Incentives and response rates
- Machine learning
- Push-to-web strategies in mixed-mode surveys
- Responsive and adaptive designs
- Performance-related motivation of interviewers
- Determinants of successful interviewer training
- Identification of counterfeits in surveys
- Determinants of Interview Effects
- Mobile Surveys
- Data Linkage
- Response behavior and social desirability
Learn more about our consulting and services:
- Gauly, Britta, and Clemens Lechner. 2018. "Self-selection vs. self-perfection: The relationship between training and adult competencies." PhD Discussion Workshop: Personnel Economics and Economics of Education, 2018-01-31.
- Gauly, Britta. 2018. "Referee Report für "Zeitschrift für Weiterbildungsfoschung"." Anzahl: 1.
- Lenzner, Timo. 2018. "Gutachten für Sociological Methods and Research." Anzahl: 1.
- Kratz, Agatha, and Harald Schoen. 2017. "Just Like Leaves in the Wind? Exploring the Interplay of Media Coverage and Personal Characteristics in Affecting Issue Salience." In Voters and Voting in Context: Multiple Contexts and Heterogeneous Electorates, edited by Harald Schoen, Sigrid Roßteutscher, Rüdiger Schmitt-Beck, Bernhard Weßels, and Christof Wolf, 43-70. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/oso/9780198792130.003.0003.
- Maehler, Débora B.. 2017. "Analyzing PIAAC log file data: Instructors: Prof. Dr. Frank Goldhammer & Krisztina Tóth (DIPF, Frankfurt a.M.)." Pre-conference Workshop, 2017-04-07. https://www.gesis.org/en/piaac/rdc/workshops/pre-and-post-conference-workshops-2017/.