GESIS preserves quantitative social research data to make it available to the scientific research community. All data are preserved for the long-term and documented to international standards. Access to data is free.
Here you can find information on the process of archiving research data:
- Preparing Data for Submission: clarifying the formal and legal aspects (e.g. archive agreement), compiling of data and documentation, and ways to submit data
- Legal aspects: Under which legal framework was data collected? Have data been anonymized? Under what access conditions are data available?
- Ingest: inspection, versioning, assigning a study number and DOI
- Processing and Documentation: describing the content and methods, metadata
- Data Backup: archiving system, storage
- Data Access: access categories, charges, portals
- Long Term Preservation: The OAIS Reference Model; Trustworthy Digital Archives