Cumulative files 1989 and 1994
On occasion of European Elections the Eurobarometer regularly include questions on voting behaviour and related issues, resulting in comprehensive modules in the context of the 1989 and 1994 elections. In both cases the European Election Study Research Group, as co-responsible investigator, produced harmonized and cumulative data sets.
The special data release for the European Election Study 1994 consists of a survey conducted immediately after the European Parliament election in the framework of Eurobarometer 41.1 and a number of pertinent variables from the three related waves conducted before and after the elections.
This cumulative dataset offers wide opportunities for comparative and longitudinal analyses of voter behaviour and voter orientations. Longitudinal analysis are particularly supported by the fact that the 1994 study contents are overlapping with those of the European Election Study 1989, which was originally stored at the Steinmetz Archive in Amsterdam (DANS).
Starting with the 1999 elections, the European Election Studies series is continued in a separate venture by the European Election Study Research Group, still with a large number of replicated questions, thus still permitting longitudinal comparisons. The Eurobarometer survey modules on European Elections 1999 ff. are conducted separately under exclusive responsibility of the European Commission.
Eurobarometer surveys / modules on European Elections
- European Elections 2019: EB 87.1, 89.2, 90.1
- European Elections 2014: EB 77.4, 78.2, 79.5
- European Elections 2009: EB 69.2, 70.1, 71.1, 71.3, Flash 266 (ZA4891)
- European Elections 2004: EB 61.0, Flash 161 (ZA4185) and 162 (ZA4186)
- European Elections 1999: EB 52.0, Flash 66 (ZA3173) and 67 (ZA3174)
- European Elections 1994: EB 40, 41.0, 41.1 and 42 (trend file EES 1994)
- European Elections 1989: EB 30, 31 and 31A (trend file EES 1989)
- European Elections 1984: EB 21 and 22
- European Elections 1979: EB 11 and 12