People may feel different degrees of attachment to their town or village, to their region, to their country, [Eurobarometer 36: to the European Community; Eurobarometer 43.1bis: to the European Union] or to Europe [as a whole].
Please tell me how attached you feel to ...?
Starting with Eurobarometer 82.3
Please tell me how attached you feel to ...? Your city/town/village - (OUR COUNTRY) - The European Union - Europe
|ZA Study Number||Eurobarometer||Fieldwork Month||Fieldwork Year||Question Number||Variable Name (1)|
(1) Please note that the variable names refer to the final ICPSR/ZA codebook editions, if available.
(2) Different question: To which of these areas (ECS73: the following geographical groups) do you feel you belong most strongly (ECS73: would you say that you belong to first)? And which next? ECS71: city/locality, department, region, country, Europe, other; ECS73: locality/town where you live, region/county where you live, [COUNTRY] as a whole, Europe, world as a whole; EB 50.1: city/town/village, region, country, Europe, whole world.
(3) Different question: I would like you to tell me how close you feel to the following groups of people. 1. The inhabitants of the the city or village where you live/have lived most of your life; 2. The inhabitants of the region where you life; 3. Fellow (Nationality); 4. European Union citizens; 5. Fellow Europeans; ... (very close - quite close - not very close - not at all close).
(4) Item 4 split: ... how attached you feel to ... (SPLIT A:) Europe ... (SPLIT B:) European Union
(5) Five items in accordance with Eurobarometer 50.1: Please tell me how attached you feel to a) your village, town or city; b) to your region; c ) to your country; d) to Europe or e) to the world.
(6) Three items: a) city/town/village; b) OUR COUNTRY (TCC: our community); c) European Union
(7) Modified items and question based on the one listed under (5): "to what extent do you personally feel you are..."
(8) Replicating items asked in EB 68.1 (QA10) and 67.1 (QA14). Some items are splitted and/or modified.
(9) Four items: a) Your city/town/village; b) Your region; c) OUR COUNTRY; d) The European Union