46.3 - Borders as Places of Control
Special Issue – Borders as Places of Control. Fixing, Shifting, and Reinventing State Borders. (Fabian Gülzau, Steffen Mau & Kristina Korte)
- Fabian Gülzau, Steffen Mau & Kristina Korte: Borders as Places of Control. Fixing, Shifting and Reinventing State Borders. An Introduction.
- Fabian Gülzau & Steffen Mau: Walls, Barriers, Checkpoints, Landmarks, and “No-Man’s-Land.” A Quantitative Typology of Border Control Infrastructure.
- Kristina Korte: Filtering or Blocking Mobility? Inequalities, Marginalization, and Power Relations at Fortified Borders.
- Lena Laube: Diplomatic Side-Effects of the EU’s Externalization of Border Control and the Emerging Role of “Transit States” in Migration Diplomacy.
- Ruben Zaiotti & Nafisa A. Abdulhamid: Inside Out and Outside In: COVID-19 and the Reconfiguration of Europe’s External Border Controls.
- Ayelet Shachar & Aaqib Mahmood: The Body as the Border: A New Era.
- Nina Amelung: “Crimmigration Control” across Borders: The Convergence of Migration and Crime Control through Transnational Biometric Databases.
- Vladimir Kolosov & Maria Zotova: “De-Facto Borders” as a Mirror of Sovereignty. The Case of the Post-Soviet Non-Recognized States.
- Sabine von Löwis & Gwendolyn Sasse: A Border Regime in the Making? The Case of the Contact Line in Ukraine. [Online Appendix]
- Saskia Wilhelmy, Rebecca Ulrich & Dominik Groß: Just two Sides of the Same Coin? Ethical Issues and Discourses on COVID-19 and Ebola. A Comparative Literature Analysis.