Special Issue – Markets and Classifications. Categorizations and Valuations as Social Processes Structuring Markets.
- Marion Fourcade & Kieran Healy: Classification Situations: Life-Chances in the Neoliberal Era.
- Akos Rona-Tas: The Off-Label Use of Consumer Credit Ratings.
- Sebastian Sevignani: Surveillance, Classification, and Social Inequality in Informational Capitalism: The Relevance of Exploitation in the Context of Markets in Information.
- Jason Pridmore & Lalu Elias Hämäläinen: Market Segmentation in (In)action: Marketing and ‘Yet to Be Installed’ Role of Big and Social Media Data.
- Karoline Krenn: Segmented Intermediation. Advice Concepts in German Financial Services.
- Eve Chiapello & Gaëtan Godefroy: The Dual Function of Judgment Devices. Why does the Plurality of Market Classifications Matter?
- Sebastian Nagel, Stefanie Hiss, Daniela Woschnack & Bernd Teufel: Between Efficiency and Resilience: The Classification of Companies According to their Sustainability Performance.
- Simone Schiller-Merkens: Will Green Remain the New Black? Dynamics in the Self-Categorization of Ethical Fashion Designers.
- Rainer Diaz-Bone: Market Classifications, Quantifications and Quality Conventions in Markets – Perspectives of the Economics of Convention.
- Anne K. Krüger & Martin Reinhart: Theories of Valuation – Building Blocks for Conceptualizing Valuation Between Practice and Structure.
- Marion Fourcade & Kieran Healy: Concluding Statement – Categories All the Way Down.