I'm a postdoctoral researcher at GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences in Köln, Germany. Before joining GESIS, I was a researcher in L3S Research Center, Leibniz Univerisity Hannover. I'm focusing on the research topics in the field of search as learning, user modeling, information retrieval and semantic Web.
For more information, please refer to my homepage.
(Co-/) Chair of
- IWILDS2020: 1st International Workshop on Investigating Learning During Web Search, collocated with the CIKM 2020 conference, 19 October 2020.
- 8th International Workshop on Learning and Education with Web Data (LILE2019), collocated with 2019 ACM Conference on Web Science (WebSci19), 30 June 2019. Boston, MA, US.
- SALMM: Search as Learning with Multimedia Information workshop (SALMM2019), collocated with 27th ACM International Conference on Multimedia (ACMMM19), 21 - 25 October 2019, Nice, France.
PC Member of
- 6th ACM SIGIR Conference on Human Information Interaction and Retrieval (CHIIR2021 tracks: Full & Perspectives Papers, Short Papers & Demonstrations/Resources)
- The 43rd European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR 2021 Demo)
- 2nd International Workshop on Cross-lingual Event-centric Open Analytics (CLEOPATRA), Co-located with the 30th The Web Conference 2021 (WWW)
- The 29th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2020)
- 31st ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media (HT’20)
- 3rd International Workshop on EntitY Retrieval and lEarning (EYRE '20), co-located with CIKM 2020
- The 19th International Semantic Web Conference Poster & Demo track (ISWC 2020 P&D)
- 7th International Workshop on Dataset PROFlLing and Search (PROFILES 2020), Co-located with The 19th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2020)
- The Web Conference 2020 (TheWebConf 2020 | Poster Track )
- CLEOPATRA – 1ST International Workshop on Cross-Lingual Event-Centric Open Analytica. Co-located with The 17th Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC 2020)
- 2nd International Workshop on EntitY REtrieval (EYRE-19), co-located with CIKM 2019
- 2019 IEEE International Conference on Big Knowledge (ICBK 2019)
- 30th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media (HT’19 )
- 2019 ISTIL Workshop at SETE 2019 (4th International Symposium on Emerging Technologies for Education) in conjunction with the 18th International Conference on Web-based Learning (ICWL 2019)
- 6th International Workshop on Dataset PROFlLing and Search (PROFILES 2019), Co-located with The 18th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2019)
- The 18th International Semantic Web Conference Poster & Demo track (ISWC 2019 P&D)
- 2018 IEEE International Conference on Big Knowledge (ICBK 2018)
- 2018 AFEL Workshop (Workshop on Analytics for Everyday Learning). The workshop is co-located with the European Conference on Technology-Enhanced Learning (EC-TEL 2018)
- The 17th International Semantic Web Conference Poster & Demo track (ISWC 2018 P&D)
- International Workshop on Profiling and Searching Data on the Web (PROFILES & DATA SEARCH worksop), Co-located with The Web Conference '2018 (WWW 2018)
- 2018 China Conference on Knowledge Graph and Semantic Computing (CCKS 2018)
- 7th International Workshop on Learning & Education with Web Data (LILE 2018), collocated with 10th ACM Conference on Web Science (WebSci18)
- The 16th International Semantic Web Conference Poster & Demo track (ISWC 2017 P&D)
- 4th International Workshop on Dataset PROFIling and fEderated Search for Web Data (PROFILES2017), Co-located with: The 16th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2017)
- 3rd International Workshop on Summarizing and Presenting Entities and Ontologies (SumPre 2017)
- 2016 China Conference on Knowledge Graph and Semantic Computing (CCKS 2016)
- Semantic Web journal
- IEEE’s Transactions on Learning Technologies
Teaching & Supervising
- Supervised/co-supervised several bachelor/master students with their research project and thesis
- 2019 Master thesis "Investigating the Influence of Resource Consumption Behavior on User Knowledge State in Informational Web Search Sessions" (- Domain Specific User Knowledge Modeling Based on Resource Consumption Behavior in Informational Web Search Sessions)
- 2018 Master thesis "Detecting Informational Web Search Missions in Query Logs"
- 2017 Student research project "A Clustering-based Approach towards Identity Resolution for Entity Variants in Web Markup"
- 2017 DAAD funded international internship student project, "Analyse Web Markup Data of Type Event"
- 2016 LUH student lab project "Entity Resolution & Clustering with Weighted Structural Similarity Metric and Pruning"
- Teaching assistant of course Data & Knowledge Engineering at HHU, 19 & 20 summer semester
- Teaching assistant of course Introduction to Data Science at LUH, 17-18 winter semester
- Mentoring students from the Web Science Seminar course at LUH, 18 summer semester