From March 17 to March 29, 2020, the GESIS Panel conducted a special survey with a subsample of the online respondents on the outbreak of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.
The data is accessible as a public use file and available for download in the GESIS Data Archive. In addition to the survey data from the special survey, the data set contains categorized demographic variables.
We acknowledge input of the following persons: Johannes Breuer, Marcel Das (LISS), Fabian Flöck, Arie Kapteyn (Understanding America Study), Frauke Kreuter, Hans-Martin von Gaudecker, Clemens Lechner, Joss Rossmann, Henning Silber, Sebastian Stier, Patrick Schenk, Christof Wolf.
The GESIS Panel fields longitudinal surveys on the outbreak of the coronavirus in the 2020, 2021, and 2022 waves. Some questionnaires differ slightly between the waves. For example, some questions were no longer asked and other questions were added later (e.g. on the Corona-Warn-App or on vaccination issues). Please find all questionnaires linked below.
- Special Survey hz March 2020 - online only (questionnaire (2,47 MB))
- hb May 2020 - July 2020 (questionnaire (2,81 MB))
- hc July 2020 - August 2020 (questionnaire (2,82 MB))
- hd August 2020 - October 2020 (questionnaire (2,12 MB)layout split 1; questionnaire (2,72 MB)layout split 2)
- he October 2020 - December 2020 (corona survey not fielded)
- hf December 2020 - February 2021 (questionnaire (3,07 MB))
- ia February 2021 - April 2021 (questionnaire (4,67 MB))
- ib May 2021 - July 2021 (questionnaire (2,76 MB))
- ic August 2021 - October 2021 (questionnaire (620 kB))
- id November 2021 - January 2022 (questionnaire (2,80 MB))
- ja February 2022 - April 2022 (questionnaire (2,88 MB))
- jb May 2022 - July 2022 (questionnaire (1,05 MB))
- jc August 2022 - October 2022 (questionnaire (1,77 MB))
- jd November 2022 - January 2023 (questionnaire (791 kB))
- ka February 2023 - April 2023 (questionnaire (679 kB))
The data will be available in the GESIS Panel Standard and Extended Edition data sets. After publication, researchers can fill out and sign the Data Use Agreement for the Standard Edition or use the Extended Edition on-site at the GESIS Secure Data Center in Cologne. Please find more information here. So far, the data from the special survey hz and the regular waves hb, hc, hd, hf, ia, ib, ic, id, ja, jb and jc have been published.