Spring Seminar - Cutting-Edge Methods
GESIS Spring Seminar 2023 - Registration is open!
The Spring Seminar will take place from 27 February to 17 March 2023 — unless the pandemic hits again, on-site in Cologne.
In 2023, all courses will deal with how to model group differences in the social sciences and beyond:
For detailed course descriptions and to register for the courses of your choice, go to training.gesis.org or click on the course titles above.
The GESIS Spring Seminar offers high quality training in state-of-the-art techniques in quantitative data analysis taught by leading experts in the field. The Spring Seminar covers a different topic each year, picking up on recent developments and innovations in social science research methodology.
The Spring Seminar will
- provide you with in-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art quantitative research methods in the social sciences
- enable you to apply state-of-the-art quantitative analysis techniques to your own research projects
- provide you with the opportunity to discuss your research with interested colleagues and leading experts
- provide you with good networking opportunities, a supportive social environment, and (when it is taking place on-site again) an exciting time in Cologne
The Spring Seminar is targeted at advanced graduate or PhD students, post-docs, junior and senior researchers who are interested in developing and improving their knowledge and skills in state-of-the-art techniques in quantitative data analysis. Lectures in each course are complemented by hands-on exercises giving participants the opportunity to apply these methods to data. All courses are held in English.
|Should you be unsure which course is the right one for you, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are happy to assist you!|
Each course has specific prerequisites, which will be detailed on the course websites. In addition, all Spring Seminar participants are expected to:
- have a sound knowledge of quantitative research methods;
- have a good command of English.