Out Now: Program of the 10th GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology
► At the same time: 2nd Virtual GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology.
► Register now at training.gesis.org, where you will find the full program and all course descriptions.
► Find more information on course contents, course structure, course fees, plenary and social program, ECTS credits, scholarships, partners and sponsors, and how to contact us by clicking on these links or use the menu in the upper left or the navigation bar.
► Make sure you don't miss any GESIS Training events by subscribing to our newsletter.
Every August since 2012, the Summer School in Survey Methodology usually takes place at GESIS in Cologne, Germany. Lecturers and participants from all over the world and from many different fields come to Cologne to take part in Europe's leading summer school on survey methodology, research design, and data collection – recommended by the European Survey Research Association (ESRA). Due to the global Covid-19 pandemic, the GESIS Summer School 2021 is held virtually. After 2020 it is the 2nd Virtual GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology.
Why attend the Summer School in Survey Methodology?
At the Summer School in Survey Methodology you will
- receive high quality training in state-of-the-art techniques and methods of survey research;
- find courses that equip you with essential skills in how to design, plan, conduct, and document all kinds of surveys;
- find courses that teach you how to analyze survey data;
- find both courses that give a broad overview of survey methods and courses that intensively discuss special interest topics in survey research;
- meet new people from different fields and from all over the world to network and discuss your research with.
Who should attend the Summer School in Survey Methodology?
The Summer School in Survey Methodology is made for you if you are an advanced graduate or PhD student, a post-doc, junior researcher, or survey professional from any relevant field, who:
- is interested in improving their general knowledge and skills in survey methodology;
- is planning to run their own survey or is working for a large-scale survey project;
- wants to update their methodological expertise in specific areas of survey methodology;
- wishes to engage in methodological research with survey data;
- wants to better understand processes of data collection;
- wants to learn how to assess data quality;
- wants to learn how to properly analyze survey data.
Each course has specific prerequisites, which will be detailed on the course websites. In addition, all participants are expected to:
- have basic knowledge of empirical research methods;
- have a good command of English.