We are currently working on the 2023 program.
Save the Date: 02-25 August 2023. On-site at GESIS Cologne and online via Zoom.
Make sure you don't miss any GESIS Training events by subscribing to our newsletter.
Since 2012, we are organizing a Summer School in Survey Methodology. Before the pandemic, all courses took place at GESIS in Cologne, Germany. Since 2020, we are also offering online learning opportunities. Thus, lecturers and participants from all over the world and from many different fields can join us in Cologne or meet online to take part in Europe's leading summer school on survey methodology, research design, and data collection – recommended by the European Survey Research Association (ESRA).
Why attend the Summer School in Survey Methodology?
At the Summer School in Survey Methodology you will
- receive high quality training in state-of-the-art techniques and methods of survey research;
- find courses that equip you with essential skills in how to design, plan, conduct, and document all kinds of surveys;
- find courses that teach you how to analyze survey data;
- find both courses that give a broad overview of survey methods and courses that intensively discuss special interest topics in survey research;
- meet new people from different fields and from all over the world to network and discuss your research with.
Who should attend the Summer School in Survey Methodology?
The Summer School in Survey Methodology is made for you if you are an advanced graduate or PhD student, a post-doc, junior researcher, or survey professional from any relevant field, who:
- is interested in improving their general knowledge and skills in survey methodology;
- is planning to run their own survey or is working for a large-scale survey project;
- wants to update their methodological expertise in specific areas of survey methodology;
- wishes to engage in methodological research with survey data;
- wants to better understand processes of data collection;
- wants to learn how to assess data quality;
- wants to learn how to properly analyze survey data.
A Look Back – GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology
A successful tradition has been continued for the eleventh time. See our recap 2022 with interesting features here.
Each course has specific prerequisites, which will be detailed on the course websites. In addition, all participants are expected to:
- have basic knowledge of empirical research methods;
- have a good command of English.