Save the Date | Summer School in Survey Methodology 2024 | 24 July - 16 August 2024
► Courses will take place either at GESIS Cologne, online via Zoom, or offer both onsite and online participation (hybrid).
► Online courses will be held live in Central European Summer Time (CEST) and will not be recorded.
► Subscribe to our newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news about the Summer School and other GESIS training courses.
We have been organizing a Summer School in Survey Methodology since 2012. Before the pandemic, all courses took place at GESIS in Cologne, Germany. In 2020, we added online learning opportunities to our program. Thus, lecturers and participants from all over the world and from many different fields can join us in Cologne or meet online to take part in Europe's leading summer school on survey methodology, research design, and data collection.
Reasons to attend the Summer School in Survey Methodology
Graduate or PhD students, post-docs, junior researchers, and survey professionals will
- receive high quality training in state-of-the-art techniques and methods of survey research.
- update their methodological expertise in specific areas of survey methodology.
- obtain a broad overview of survey methods or delve more deeply into special interest topics in survey research.
- improve on essential skills in how to design, plan, conduct, and document all kinds of surveys.
- obtain a better understanding of the processes of data collection.
- learn how to analyze survey data properly or how to assess data quality.
- meet new people from different fields and from all over the world to network and discuss your research with.
Each course has specific prerequisites, which will be detailed on the course websites. In addition, all participants are expected to:
- have basic knowledge of empirical research methods.
- have a good command of English.
A Look Back – GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology
A tradition has been successfully repeated for the twelfth time. See our recap 2023 with interesting features here.
Click on the photo to watch a short video about the Summer School in Survey Methodology