1. Scope, registration, and payment
- These Terms and Conditions apply to all participants in the context of courses and events, which are organized and carried out by GESIS. Registration for one of the courses or events means at the same time approval and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- By submitting the registration form, the participant agrees to pay the participation fee indicated in the course or event description in full and in due time upon receipt of the invoice.
- GESIS will confirm the registration after checking the submission. The invoice will be sent electronically. Payment of the participation fee is due 14 days after receipt of the invoice. If registration occurs within the four weeks before the course or event, the full participation fee is due and payable immediately. In case of cost coverage by a research institution, a certificate to verify cost coverage must be provided by the institution within the stated periods of time.
- If payment is not received within the stated period of time, GESIS reserves the right to cancel the registration.
- Only when the registration has been checked and confirmed by GESIS, and payment of the participation fee has been effected in full and in due time, does the contract come into force and the applicant obtains the right to take part in the course or event booked. The right to participation in the course or event is not transferable.
2. Cancellation Policy
2.1 Refunds in case of cancellation by participant
- Cancellation of registration must be made in writing to GESIS by letter (GESIS – Leibniz-Institut für Sozialwissenschaften e.V. (GESIS), B6, 4-5, 68159 Mannheim) or by email (training(at)gesis(dot)org).
- For cancellations up to four weeks before the start of the course or event, the participation fee will be refunded in full. No refund can be made for a cancellation received after that date. Please note that refunds will be paid out after the course or event has ended.
- If the participant has not yet paid the participation fee when cancelling, this does not affect the above agreement to pay for the course or event if the cancellation is made within the four weeks before the start of the course or event.
2.2 Refunds in case of cancellation by GESIS
- GESIS reserves the right to cancel a course or event up to two weeks before the course or event date, e.g., because there are too few registrations. In this case, participants will be offered a full refund. Further claims as well as all other services from GESIS are excluded.
- If due to force majeure, illness of the lecturer, or other unforeseeable circumstances a course or event is significantly made difficult, put at risk, or otherwise negatively affected, it can be cancelled by GESIS. In this case, participants receive a full refund of the participation fee. Further claims as well as all other services from GESIS are excluded.
- GESIS reserves the right to modify details of the execution of the course or event, for example course/event times, course/event location or lecturers.
3. Liability / Participants' Responsibilities
- Participants are required to follow the instructions of GESIS staff when they are on GESIS premises.
- Participants are responsible and liable for any damages they cause.
- As far as legally permissible, GESIS shall only be liable for damage caused by GESIS in the event of intent and gross negligence. This limitation of liability does not apply to damages in the event of injury to life, limb or health or to liability under the Product Liability Act. Each participant is responsible for looking after their personal belongings.
4. Participant Data
- When registering for a course, the participant must create an account with GESIS Training. The account allows the participant to register for GESIS Training courses and events.
- GESIS electronically records the data of participants (e.g., master and contact data) and uses them to organize the course or event. This includes communication with the course instructors and, if applicable, cooperating universities or institutions.
- Participant data are statistically analyzed by GESIS for internal quality assurance. This is executed in such a way that that there is no possibility to make conclusions about individual participants.
- During courses or events, GESIS staff may take photos or make video recordings. These may be used by GESIS (for the purpose of quality assurance, for instance) and published on the GESIS website or in other publicly available media by GESIS (e.g., in newspapers or magazines, information materials, social media, e-learning platforms, etc.). Participants who do not wish to be photographed or recorded should inform GESIS.
- More information about data protection can be found here: Data protection – GESIS
- Course or event materials provided by GESIS are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or distributed in any form - not even in extracts - without the explicit permission of their respective owner.
- It is strictly forbidden to record or have recorded in any form the contents of an event or course, and to reproduce or transmit these recordings This prohibition applies equally to face-to-face as well as online courses/events.
6. GESIS Training Services
- Participants who have not missed more than 20% of the course receive a certificate of participation shortly after the course.
- Meals, travel, and accommodation for participants are not included in the participation fee.
7. Right of Withdrawal
You have the right to withdraw this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason. The cooling off period is fourteen days from the date of conclusion of the contract. To exercise your right of withdrawal, you must inform us
GESIS – Leibniz-Institut für Sozialwissenschaften e.V. (GESIS)
Telephone number: 062112460
Email address: email@example.com
of your decision to withdraw from this contract by means of a clear statement (e.g., a letter sent by post or an email). You can use the enclosed sample withdrawal form for this purpose, but it is not mandatory. In order to meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient that you send the notification of the exercising of the right of withdrawal before the end of the withdrawal period.
Consequences of the revocation
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse you all payments we have received from you, including delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs resulting from the fact that you have chosen a type of delivery other than the most favorable standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and at the latest within fourteen days from the day on which we received the notification of your withdrawal from this contract. For this repayment, we will use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged for this repayment.
You must return or hand over the goods to (GESIS) without undue delay and in any case no later than within fourteen days from the day on which you notify us of the withdrawal from this contract. The deadline is met if you send the goods before the deadline of fourteen days. You shall bear the direct costs of returning the goods. You only have to pay for any loss of value of the goods if this loss of value is due to the handling of the goods which is not necessary for the inspection of the condition, properties and functioning of the goods.
If you have requested that the service should commence during the revocation period, you shall pay us a reasonable amount corresponding to the proportion of the services already provided up to the point in time at which you notify us of the exercising of the right of withdrawal with regard to this contract compared to the total scope of the services provided for in the contract.
Disclaimer: This is a translation of the German text. The original German text is the legally binding version.