The Central and Eastern Eurobarometer 1990-1997: Trends CEEB1-8 (ZA3648) includes:
- the eight annual waves 1990-1997 and all countries at times
- questions which were asked at least three times with equivalent wording and answer categories with one-to-one mappable scales
- in total 280 variables, including demographics and technical variables
- in total almost 126.000 respondents
The trend variables and data have been harmonised with respect to labels, values and coding schemes. Deviations in question wording across countries and time have been documented in detail, as well as country specific categories (factual references).
The ZA CodebookExplorer data base offers an alternative option for exploring complete CEEB documentation and data. The tool provides a comparative view on questions, variables and categories as well as facility for descriptive data analysis across space and time.
- Data download and documentation via Data Catalogue (DBK)
- ZACAT online access to data and documentation (free of charge)
The project was realized under the responsibility of Brigitte Hausstein (GESIS Service Agency Eastern Europe). It was based on the single wave data sets as received via the Center for European Survey Analysis and Studies (ZEUS) or from the data producers (GfK EUROPE), and as prepared by GESIS Data archive.