This FAQ is compiled in order to provide guidance with regard to several recurring questions concerning the Eurobarometer surveys and the Eurobarometer website at GESIS. If your question is not answered here, please contact us via eurobarometer-dataservice(at)gesis(dot)org
There is no definite time schedule for the delivery of Eurobarometer micro data to GESIS and for their release to the public. Usually this is the case about 6 to 12 months after fieldwork. New archive Eurobarometer data releases or updates are regularly announced through the Eurobarometer mailing list.
The Eurobarometer is a series of cross-sectional surveys. For each round a completely new and independent sample is drawn. As a consequence, panel analyses in the strict sense are possible only for aggregated data. An overview of selected trends questions can be found here.
- Variable reports (=codebooks, not available for pre-releases) with frequency counts by country (sample) for each survey are available on the respective study profile pages
- Reports of the European Commission / European Parliament
- Selected Trend lines in the form of Excel files provided by the European Commission / European Parliament (see bottom of page)
- The EC Open Data Portal provides access to Excel files containing results differentiated by country and sociodemographic variables
- The EC "Eurobarometer Interactive" portal provides results for selected trends over time and across countries (currently unavailable)