Central & Eastern Eurobarometer 1 January-December 1990 ZA No. 2493
Public Opinion in Central and Eastern Europe
- Evaluation of the democratic and economic reforms
- Perception of Europe and the European Community
- Use of national and western media
Documents and Data:
- Study description (online access to documentation and data)
- Archive codebook
- Basic Questionnaire
- Search Eurobarometer Codebooks / Questionnaires
- Original data set and documentation supplied by ZEUS (Center for European Survey Analysis and Studies at the University of Mannheim)
- The surveys conducted in the framework of CEEB 1 were still only loosely coordinated and the data subsequently integrated by the archive. The original single country surveys are available on individual request under ZA study numbers 2252 to 2260 (see: Data Holdings Catalogue).
- Last updated archive edition as of May 21, 2004
Jürgen Hofrichter and Ingrid Weller (ZEUS): Central and Eastern Eurobarometer 1. Report on behalf of "Surveys, Research, Analyses" Unit, Directorate X "Audiovisual, Information, Communication, Culture" of the Commission of the European Community. November 1991.
|Hungary (1)||989||Oct 90||HU|
|Czechoslovakia (2)||1478 / 1490||Jan 90 / Oct 90||CSHH_01 / CSHH_10|
|GDR (3)||837 / 1085||May 90 / May 91||DD / DE_E|
|Greater Moscow||504||May 90||SU_MOW|
|European USSR (4)||2065||Jun 90||SU|
|Questionnaire Copyright and Acknowledgements|
(1) Additional survey carried out in August 1989; data not available due to technical problems
(2) Two separate surveys
(3) Second survey in former GDR territory
(4) Residents of the Republics of: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldavia, Georgia, Armenia, and the part of Russia west of the Ural mountains. The primary sample of 1590 interviews was expanded by an additional sample, anticipating high non-response rates.