Eurobarometer 30 October-November 1988 ZA No. 1715
Immigrants and Out-Groups in Western Europe
- Attitudes towards immigrants and out-groups (Xenophobia)
- Smoking habits and cancer prevention
- Attitudes towards the Single European Market
- Important problems and human rights
- Attitudes towards the European Elections 1989 (pre-Election)
Documents and Data:
- Study Description (including version information, errata reporting, variable information, access to questionnaires and data download)
- Archive variable report
- Basic Bilingual Questionnaire
- See also special release: "The European Elections Study 1989".
- See also "European Survey About Teachers and Cancer Prevention" conducted in January and February of 1989 and examining teachers' opinions on health and cancer education in schools of 12 member countries of the European Community (ICPSR 9407).
- Current archive dataset version / update: v1.0.1 (2012)
- Variable REGION for Great Britain / United Kingdom in EUROBAROMETER 5-10 and 16-31A: Should read "EAST MIDLANDS" instead of "NORTH MIDLANDS".
- The original British data for the AGE variables in Eurobarometer 30 and 31 incorrectly recorded the last two digits of year of birth instead of age at time. In the case of survey no. 30, the variable was recoded as far as possible. For survey no. 31, correct data have subsequently been inserted in the ZA data set. The codebook documentation has been corrected for ZA deliveries after March 15, 1999.
Commission of the European Communities: Euro-Barometer 30. Brussels, December 1988.
Commission of the European Communities: Racism and Xenophobia (Racisme, Fremmedhad og Intolerance). Brussels, November 1989.
Herrmann Schmitt, Renato Mannheimer: The European Elections of June 1989. Special issue of The European Journal of Political Research (19:1), 1991.