Eurobarometer 16 October-November 1981 ZA No. 1207
Noise and Other Social Problems
- Perception of and attitudes towards noise pollution and other social problems in the neighbourhood
- Policy preferences
Documents and Data:
- Study Description (including errata, version tracking, access to data and documents)
- Archive variable report
- Search in Eurobarometer Codebooks / Questionnaires
- ZACAT online access - dataset v1.0.1 (study and variable retrieval, data browsing, descriptive analysis, data download)
- Current archive dataset version / update: v1.0.1 (2012)
Commission of the European Communities: Euro-Barometer 16. Brussels, December 1981.
|France||1006||15 Oct 81 - 28 Oct 81||FR|
|Belgium||971||12 Oct 81 - 20 Nov 81|
|Netherlands||1011||08 Oct 81 - 21 Oct 81||NL|
|Germany (West)||962||15 Oct 81 - 09 Nov 81||DE|
|Italy||1070||16 Oct 81 - 30 Oct 81||IT|
|Luxembourg||500||08 Oct 81 - 21 Oct 81||LU|
|Denmark||1009||10 Oct 81 - 18 Oct 81||DK|
|Ireland||985||14 Oct 81 - 26 Oct 81||IE|
|Great Britain||1088||15 Oct 81 - 26 Oct 81||GB|
|Northern Ireland||307||15 Oct 81 - 26 Oct 81||GB_NI|
|Greece||1000||12 Oct 81 - 24 Oct 81||GR|
|Questionnaire Copyright and Acknowledgements|
- Variable REGION for Great Britain / United Kingdom in EUROBAROMETER 5-10 and 16-31A: Should read "EAST MIDLANDS" instead of "NORTH MIDLANDS".
- Data for Greece in variable REGION (V95) are dubious. Variable should only be used with caution. (29.01.2004)
- The documentation for the construction of the "Support for Common Market Index" in the EUROBAROMETER 16 codebook is incorrect. Corrected for ZA deliveries after March 15, 1999.
- Value labels for variable V74 (FREQUENCY OF CHURCH ATTENDANCE) are not correct in the English language codebook and SPSS control cards. Category '3' has to be corrected as follows: (3) A FEW TIMES A YEAR. Corrected for ZA deliveries after March 15, 1999.
- In the case of BELGIUM frequency distribution for V75 (MARITAL STATUS) shows an exceptional high percentage of respondents LIVING AS MARRIED (10.2 percent compared to less than 2 percent in former or later Eurobarometer surveys) and an exceptional low percentage of SINGLEs (6.1 percent compared to at least over 14 percent in former or later Eurobarometer surveys). For Belgium this variable should only be used with caution.
- Errors have been detected in the COGNITIVE MOBILISATION INDEX variable for Eurobarometer 16, 17, and 19. In Eurobarometer 16 and 17, the indices as constructed reverse the coding scheme documented in the codebooks. In Eurobarometer 19 the index bears no apparent relationship to the variables which were apparently used in its construction. When analyzing this index longitudinally, users should keep in mind that the coding in surveys 16 and 17 is REVERSE of that in other Eurobarometer surveys. Corrected for ZA deliveries after March 15, 1999.
- CHILDREN IN HOUSEHOLD (V81 and V82): For respondents from the NETHERLANDS category '9' (DK/NA) includes respondents without children (NONE). (ZA September 25, 2006)
© GESIS Meinhard Moschner