Eurobarometer 19 March-April 1983 ZA No. 1318
Gender Roles in the European Community
- Female status and roles in work, politics and society
- Organisational membership and social activities
- Factors causing happiness
- Attitudes towards the European Parliament and political parties
Documents and Data:
- Study Description (including version information, errata reporting, variable information, access to questionnaires and data download)
- Archive variable report
- Basic Bilingual Questionnaire
- Current archive dataset version / update: v1.0.1 (2012)
- Variable REGION for Great Britain / United Kingdom in EUROBAROMETER 5-10 and 16-31A: Should read "EAST MIDLANDS" instead of "NORTH MIDLANDS".
- Value labels for categories 3 and 5 have been exchanged for variables V12 ECONOMIC SITUATION COMPARED and V13 FINANCIAL SITUATION COMPARED. The correct labels are: 1. GOT A LOT BETTER; 2. GOT A LITTLE BETTER; 3. GOT A LITTLE WORSE; 4. GOT A LOT WORSE; 5. STAYED THE SAME; 0. DK, NA. The value labels in the codebook and in the SPSS file have been corrected accordingly for ZA deliveries after March 16, 1999.
- The country specific categories for GREECE in V266 (SIZE OF COMMUNITY) are not correctly documented in the ZA codebook.
50.001-150.000 should is coded '10', Thessaloniki is coded '11', and Athens is coded '12' in the data set. The codebook has been corrected in ZA deliveries after February 16, 2006.
- Errors have been detected in the COGNITIVE MOBILISATION INDEX variable for Eurobarometer 16, 17, and 19. In Eurobarometer 16 and 17, the indices as constructed reverse the coding scheme documented in the codebooks. In Eurobarometer 19 the index bears no apparent relationship to the variables which were apparently used in its construction.
Commission of the European Communities: Euro-Barometer 19. Brussels, June 1983.
Commission of the European Communities: European Women and Men in 1983 (Femmes et hommes d'Europe en 1983). Brussels, June 1984.